Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 PM

98 posts, read 269,109 times

Advertisements

People upfront in this cowardly state? Puh-leezzz...

"Oh Jennifer, I love your new tattoo." As soon as Jennifer turns her back, said friend texts another airhead--"OMG Jennifer's tatoo is so ugly." Yep, that's being upfront.

"My boyfriend loves me. He'll marry me someday." Meanwhile said boyfriend is shoving down dollars down a dancer's g-string at a nudie club. Sure, your boyfriend will marry you once he grows a pair.

Everyone and their brother says they have a college degree and makes tons of money, but you have to wonder how they got this far in life with their imbecile behavior.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:25 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,955,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post
not in texas, things are slower and people are nicer
I've lived in TX. People in general are nicer but it doesn't mean that they really like you. I can see the appeal of people in general being nicer as you go out and about, but I would rather live here, where I know who my friends are.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:26 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,955,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
There are so many nasty people here, I don't know what the problem is.

I think maybe too many people too stressed out, working too hard for not enough money, etc.

Also the people who are jerks stick out. The people who are really nice stick out too, and the people in between aren't usually that memorable.
I am finding that people are more grumpy lately. I think it's the economy.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:50 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,756,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
I've lived in TX. People in general are nicer but it doesn't mean that they really like you. I can see the appeal of people in general being nicer as you go out and about, but I would rather live here, where I know who my friends are.
I agree. I think people in the South are more polite-not necessarily kinder. People here are definitely more genuine. It took me a long time to appreciate that.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
I am finding that people are more grumpy lately. I think it's the economy.

It's the F'in rain!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 07:02 PM

777 posts, read 2,381,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Sometimes I really believe it. I had a bad experience with a realtor today for cancelling an appointment, because I found another home and signed that lease. .
Was the realtor justified? Had the realtor been working with you, then you signed a lease without using them and it cost them a commission?

Not that I would ever yell at a client, but you want some level of loyalty if you are putting the work in.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:26 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1975 View Post
Was the realtor justified? Had the realtor been working with you, then you signed a lease without using them and it cost them a commission?

Not that I would ever yell at a client, but you want some level of loyalty if you are putting the work in.
All he did was show me an apartment. He was scheduled to show me another one and I told him I'll bring my stuff in case I want to sign it. If u really want to know check out the Rental forum.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 PM

592 posts, read 2,188,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post
not in texas, things are slower and people are nicer
FIXED: not in texas, things are nicer and people are slower.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,963,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
FIXED: not in texas, things are nicer and people are slower.
LOL

But really.................... Come on. NJ is the same as anywhere with a large quantity of people that have things to do.
They have no time for your nonsense. Suck it up.
Are you kidding me?
The people of NJ are friendly when you are. It's all about initiation.
Sometimes both parties are to hardheaded to be "nice", but the stalemate ends in blank stares & the business getting accomplished as quickly as possible.
I could think of worse things in life.................... Like having to hear about your entire family's existence while I'm just trying to buy milk.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:40 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
New Jersey, the official land of the a**holes?
You can find them anywhere on the planet. They proudly raise little a**holes who grow up to be big a**holes.

They are in the minority and fairly easy to avoid, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey