Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:20 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Dear Marilyn,
I know you said that this thread is closed, but I hope you check in just to see how much your thread & your life has touched this forum.

I sat here and reread your posts. My eyes welled up with tears.
Then I clicked on the song that Mike0241 posted called "Heaven Laughs" and after reading the lyrics, the tears are rolling down my face.

It is so sad what happened to your Mother and to you. Be strong and if it gives you a little comfort, listen to the song.

"And heaven laughs when we say good-bye
It ain't so far to the other side
Someday soon we will meet again
Say it over and over and over 'til then

Dream tonight about a last embrace
Close my eyes and I will see your face
Dreams alone won't keep our tears away
But in my heart I know we'll meet again someday"
ohh its touching that your so emotional over this, and that I touched so many however now it a time to feel happy! My mom is at peace, its over, all the pain is over. I honestly feel in my heart now is a time to praise joyous song in our hearts and to the heavens. This was just plain terrible when cancer was all over and I saw all the pain meds and ruins of sickness in the home that my poor dad and her suffered thru it showed me thats the sadness, we need to be happy now and have good memories. Dont cry, cry for joy. It was pretty terrible the last 3 days. Thanks and thats really really really touching of you. To be honest, right now Im afraid to go back and read those posts. What POSSESSED YOU, do you like more torture????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 02:21 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
LISTEN, im GETTING SCARED!! Im getting scared that we are going to beat the unemployment thread in length. Thats when you know your in trouble when it beats the unemployment thread!! (JOKE)

Old 08-13-2009, 02:50 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,384 times
My sympathy to you and your father. Your mom is at rest now, may she rest in peace.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:38 PM

315 posts, read 1,091,645 times
marilyn,
you are amazing and i have so much respect and admiration for you. you and your family have my deepest sympathy and i know your mom is at peace now. she is the joy and love in your heart and i'm sure she would want you to celebrate her life and not mourn her passing of that f-ing disease!

Old 08-13-2009, 04:20 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,619,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
LISTEN, im GETTING SCARED!! Im getting scared that we are going to beat the unemployment thread in length. Thats when you know your in trouble when it beats the unemployment thread!! (JOKE)
you are too funny

Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
I skipped from page 13 to the last page here ( so far) 20 and I had a sigh that the pain is " all over with".......
You had good strengh. You were there so much of the time.......and I know myself how hard that is.
Bless you and your Dad......and all those wonderful memories do make one smile along the years.....

Old 08-13-2009, 06:00 PM

220 posts, read 745,284 times
A Happy Tune

YouTube - Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole 'IZ' 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' HQ

Hugs

Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
This blog is officially closed.
My mom passed away alittle while ago. Yes your were right, it still hurts, however this whole damn nightmare is over!

Thanks everyone here for listening, all the prayers, everything.

Your people were a great source of comfort to me.
Marilyn
Marilyn,

My condolences for the passing of your Mom.

May she rest in peace and hopefully she's in a much much better place.

It'll take some time I guess for your pain to subside.

Life goes onward.

Stay calm and take care.

njguy

Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
Marilyn, from what I've seen no matter how old you are, you feel like an orphan when your mom dies.

You'll have a lot of conflicting feelings over the next few days and weeks. But the worst is over now.

My sympathy for your loss. Stay strong, friend.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:36 AM

1,495 posts, read 5,045,739 times
my sympathies to you and your family for the loss of your mother. I too lost a parent less than two years ago and understand what you are going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: