Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:36 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry for your loss Marilyn. Your a tough one. Hang in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ~LuLu View Post
Dear Marilyn, May you find Peace, Prayers to you and family.
Hope you don't mind, some songs that helped me get through sent from good friends.

YouTube - QUEENSRYCHE - SILENT LUCIDITY

YouTube - Josh Groban - To Where You Are

YouTube - Mercy Me - Homesick (Live)

Rest in Peace dear lady, God speed.
Great songs. One more:
YouTube - The Hooters - Heaven Laughs

My thoughts are with you Marilyn. Things will start to improve now.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:45 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times
Unhappy Sending my sympathies

Dear Marilyn,
I know you said that this thread is closed, but I hope you check in just to see how much your thread & your life has touched this forum.

I sat here and reread your posts. My eyes welled up with tears.
Then I clicked on the song that Mike0241 posted called "Heaven Laughs" and after reading the lyrics, the tears are rolling down my face.

It is so sad what happened to your Mother and to you. Be strong and if it gives you a little comfort, listen to the song.

"And heaven laughs when we say good-bye
It ain't so far to the other side
Someday soon we will meet again
Say it over and over and over 'til then

Dream tonight about a last embrace
Close my eyes and I will see your face
Dreams alone won't keep our tears away
But in my heart I know we'll meet again someday"

Old 08-13-2009, 08:57 AM

72 posts, read 309,209 times
My sympathies for you and your dad. Take comfort in knowing that your mom is at peace now.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:24 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,756,664 times
I lost both my parents within 8 months of each other. Mom to heart disease and pop to liver/kidney failure. They were 55 & 61. WAY too young to go. I feel your pain. Hang in there, it does lessen somewhat over time. *********r so called friends. Hang onto the people that care.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:33 AM

983 posts, read 2,774,417 times
Marilyn,

My deepest condolences on your loss. There is nothing that can ease the pain but know that all of our thoughts are with you and your dad.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 PM

127 posts, read 544,481 times
My thoughts are with you and your family, Marilyn.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,551,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thanks for posting your story. I have never seen your name /names before on the nj board. Are you donnie or donna? Sorry aobut mom, terrible. I guess she was in a coma and did not know you on the ventliator?? Terrible. You see at least I have time to spend, my mom is somewhat awake and with it at times. Not all the time drugged out but can at least mumble. She knows Im there. Thank you and come around more.
hi steve sorry about your lost (hugs) but the way im donna..my husband is donnie.....you are in my prayers and may god bless you and your family

Old 08-13-2009, 01:22 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
well thank you all. You want to hear something amazing, today was the best day Dad and I have had in along time. He was not yelling, we got along. Its the first time in along time where I did not see Dad in the caretaker of mom roll. He seemed relieved and more relaxed. He told me it has been 4 years of hell then the last 8 month when we found out how bad the cancer was was the UTLIMATE HELL. He never really filled me in on how bad things were. When I went over to the house Memories of MOM were all over. However looking deeper into the picture I saw a different story. Wheel chairs, walkers, commodes (things for the toilet seat to rise higher) the stair chair electric thing, the pain killers all over house and I mean serious pain killers. I never realized it was that bad for dad. He is also out of his misery. WE went to the funeral home and sunday is the sitting, monday the funeral. Its in the bergen record saturday under the first name Theda of paramus. I feel good. I feel like there is a new world for my dad. I feel like eventaually the only problem Im gonna have it getting him to fit me in after he starts really living!! Im exicted about that. Maybe one day I will get a STEP MOM!!! That would be great.

Well thats all for the songs, prayer, videos, and just being there. Things are sad but looking brighter.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:36 PM

336 posts, read 1,296,196 times
Sorry for your loss. Things will get better a little at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: