Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:38 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,030,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Styx View Post
I was wondering the same thing.

There is a liquor store in the town my parents live in. Went in there late one night (11pm-ish?) and they were open and selling. I noticed two tiny tables in the far wall and one had a patron seated and drinking. So now I wonder about the boundaries of a "bar" and if a bar is (1) merely the ones we are familiar with/ traditional bar, or (2) any type of establishment that can serve liquor, or (3) one that allows liquor to be purchased and consumed on the premises (once opened), or (4) something else?
Quite a few liquor stores also have bars inside them actually. Some I've seen as a small section tucked away in the corner of the store with a counter, a few stools and taps. Some are in a separate room and look like full on regular bars.

So this could be another option to scout out for the OP, though I'm hoping he's found his beer by now. I'd be bummed if it took me tis long to find beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 01:40 AM

2 posts, read 1,416 times
Cristales in Paterson NJ located 409 21st Ave sell alcohol past 10pm to 3am. Beer, wine, spirits and hard alcohol. Pretty sure they not suppose to but they do. They have a bar in the back so they stay open to late, they use that as an excuse.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:09 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I'm curious as to what on earth you were searching for that you came across a six-year-old question about buying beer.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:14 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm curious as to what on earth you were searching for that you came across a six-year-old question about buying beer.

Those were my thoughts exactly.
Of course, the other possibility is that this newbie post is actually an attempt at advertising that gin mill in Paterson. One way to determine the legitimacy of that post is to see if she posts anything else, on any other topics.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 1,416 times
This is a Forum requesting information and that is what I provided. How I came across this Forum was in reseach of how and who to report the illegal activities, since they also sell to Minors. I figure the more people know or the more complains or information I provide the better chances of the ABC doing something. I also reported it and recorded them in the action for proof. The question here is why would you be commenting to a 6 year old Forum as you stated, and post nothing that has to do with the question. I know what my intentions are, what are yours besides attention. And a way to let out your fustrations on the world, by posting rude comments. You question me, but what did you do? Lol oh yeah respond also to an old Forum. What are you doing viewing old Forums lol. I tell you ignorance is born in the Human soul not taught.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:40 PM

90 posts, read 145,385 times
So ridiculous some of the rules when ti comes to spirits in NJ. The government needs to **** off of the morality business

Old 12-27-2015, 12:06 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,111,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.mariner View Post
Cristales in Paterson NJ located 409 21st Ave sell alcohol past 10pm to 3am. Beer, wine, spirits and hard alcohol. Pretty sure they not suppose to but they do. They have a bar in the back so they stay open to late, they use that as an excuse.

There's exceptions to the state laws on spirits sales for the largest cities in the state. (they're allowed to pick their own times rather than being required to abide under the 10PM spirits cutoff).

I believe Paterson may be classed under that and googling around a bit it appears Paterson allows a 3AM close time for liquor stores.

You would need to contact the city to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey