Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:11 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,556 times

Advertisements

This is just pure comedy. All these out of towners all excited over Seaside Heights out of all places. Really???? Everytime I go down there in the summertime, it's dead. But yeah, I blame Tommy Cheeseballs for help boost this disaster. You see what happens when certain people don't think. All these people seem to be trying way too hard or just need to take some more acting classes.

But some of you people explain to me, what's so dope about the Jersey Shore? What's so dope about tans? Maybe it's because I'm black but you willing to burn yourself to pretty much look like me? And Seaside Heights is wack, I rather go to Coney Island but they shut it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 08:21 PM

636 posts, read 1,423,626 times
Coney Island.. LOL

Old 12-03-2009, 08:52 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
Coney Island.. LOL
They got rid of my spot. I went there in the summertime after dark and oh man.. It was like World War 3 happened. Everywhere was shut down. They even cut off the power to the streetlamps. No police in sight, it looked like a cookout in the ghetto.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:12 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,785,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
But some of you people explain to me, what's so dope about the Jersey Shore? What's so dope about tans? Maybe it's because I'm black but you willing to burn yourself to pretty much look like me? And Seaside Heights is wack, I rather go to Coney Island but they shut it down.
The Shore isn't about tans for everyone. For me, most of my friends, it's about swimming/surfing/kayaking in the ocean, doing some boating and fishing, enjoying the sea air and having some great seafood, going out for good dining and nightlife. I don't want to tan, I wear the strongest sunblock and I'll even wear hats and long sleeves, even though I'm not fair skinned and would tan instead of burn, still I don't want skin cancer.

Last edited by knoxgarden; 12-03-2009 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: attack on another member

Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,167 times
LOL @ the Tommy Cheeseballs reference. It's referring to a past MTV special "True Life: I Have a Summer Share" where this wannabe tough guy named Tommy got into a big argument at a cheeseball stand because he cut someone in line and they had the audacity to call him out.

Anywho, I watched tonight and it was actually a pretty cool show. These guys are a dime a dozen during the summer here. Anger - you can call Seaside a lot of things but "dead" is not one of them. There are tons of cool places to go at night and, of course, there's the boardwalk. Jet-Skiing is nearby too at The Dock Outfitters on Rt. 35.

As far as wanting to be black. Well, I'm Irish. I just get red in the sun.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:26 AM

412 posts, read 1,326,993 times
Watched some of it and I must say I rather watch "The Real World".

Old 12-04-2009, 08:14 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,239 times
I did not purposefully watch it (I swear!) but I did stumble across it during a commercial during the Oregon/Oregon State game (great game).

FIRST OF ALL, there are 9 kids in the cast ... SEVEN are from NY (!!! surprise surprise?) one is from Rhode Island (wtf?), and only ONE is from NJ (a girl from Keyport or Hazlet).

FYI, the ONE Jersey Girl, to me, seemed the most normal. By far. There were Staten Island guys, Bronx guys, and Long Island guys...all with their thick accent, no pronouncing of R's. Very, very, very tragic that people all over this country watching this show thinks that these people are NJ people.

Ugh. Just....ugh.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:19 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
I did not purposefully watch it (I swear!) but I did stumble across it during a commercial during the Oregon/Oregon State game (great game).

FIRST OF ALL, there are 9 kids in the cast ... SEVEN are from NY (!!! surprise surprise?) one is from Rhode Island (wtf?), and only ONE is from NJ (a girl from Keyport or Hazlet).

FYI, the ONE Jersey Girl, to me, seemed the most normal. By far. There were Staten Island guys, Bronx guys, and Long Island guys...all with their thick accent, no pronouncing of R's. Very, very, very tragic that people all over this country watching this show thinks that these people are NJ people.

Ugh. Just....ugh.
But in all honesty, THAT is who is hanging out in all the Seaside clubs during the summer. There are more of them than we folks who live here year-round, so in all honesty, the show paints a pretty legit picture of how these places are from Memorial Day to Labor Day. And speaking in generalities, there are enough North Jersey guidos that are exactly the same way, so it's not as if our state is absolved from any of this. While we don't have a lot of year-round Jersey Shore guidos, there ARE many even within our own ranks here. So I'm not seeing anything that doesn't really happen with this show - cameras don't lie.

The one thing that's not accurate is these guys working at the Seaside T-shirt place. Back in the day, it used to be all local kids (usually high school age) who worked on the boardwalk. But now, the vast majority of boardwalk stores bring in Eastern European college students to work here on visas for the summer months. They do usually put them up in houses in Seaside, much like the cast of the show, but vacationers aren't here to hawk T-shirts all day, they're here to be on vacation!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
But in all honesty, THAT is who is hanging out in all the Seaside clubs during the summer. There are more of them than we folks who live here year-round, so in all honesty, the show paints a pretty legit picture of how these places are from Memorial Day to Labor Day. And speaking in generalities, there are enough North Jersey guidos that are exactly the same way, so it's not as if our state is absolved from any of this. While we don't have a lot of year-round Jersey Shore guidos, there ARE many even within our own ranks here. So I'm not seeing anything that doesn't really happen with this show - cameras don't lie.

The one thing that's not accurate is these guys working at the Seaside T-shirt place. Back in the day, it used to be all local kids (usually high school age) who worked on the boardwalk. But now, the vast majority of boardwalk stores bring in Eastern European college students to work here on visas for the summer months. They do usually put them up in houses in Seaside, much like the cast of the show, but vacationers aren't here to hawk T-shirts all day, they're here to be on vacation!
Oh, I know that it's mostly NYers that frequent Seaside Heights. But people watching in Montana don't know that, especially if they start tuning in from the second show onwards, or if they just tune in for one show randomly.

I understand your point, but as a North Jersey guy...I really think you overestimate the amount of those clown types that are from North Jersey. Honestly, most of them are from NY, predominantly Staten Island. The amount of North Jersey people, under the age of 30, that don't pronounce their R's is really microscopic, seriously.

FYI, to Italian Americans, the "G word" is just as offensive as the "N word" is to black people. How that word became acceptable, I have no idea.

Let's see how the black folks like it if we make the N word acceptable in mainstream society....and then make a show about it based in say, Irvington!

I love the "selectably PC" mindset of our modern society.

Maybe it was better when things were not PC at ALL, rather than "selectably PC".

Old 12-04-2009, 08:30 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,619,549 times
Damn I forgot it was on!! Ughhh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey