Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
If there was a flat tax, it, by definition, would not be fair.

Wealthier people would be paying a far lower percent
of their income in tax than the less wealthy.
No, a flat tax as in a %, not a flat tax for everyone. If the flat tax was say 30% or whatever. Everyone would pay 30% of their income. Of course I really wasn't thinking as high as 20% but whatever.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 01:52 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Same sex marriages and other social topics in this vein are what I refer to as "horse$hit issues" or ones that impact a very small portion of the population. They are of little interest to me, or the general population, and I think are intended by the hard left as distractions to what the more mass impacting issues are, which are issues of taxation, those that impact the masses. That is where my passion lies. I want the state to leave me alone, leave my pocketbook alone. I pay enough in taxes, and have no desire to be taxed any longer. I have no issue with same sex marriages, it's not important to me. Once again, the left uses these issues as distractions, because the real campaign is on how much money we are allowed to keep, how much private property we can acquire and desire, through hard work. I am interested in retaining as much of that as possible. So, too, are most people. Not nearly as many care about the issue of same sex marriages.
Not too many people care? well they did in California.

And I'm sure they would in New Mexico, a same-sex marriage law would fail miserably here. No doubt, even though I would like to see something be done.
But don't call it a "horse***t" issue cause it is not.

Either way you put it.............. GO SUSANA!!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,083,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
If the flat tax was say 30% or whatever.
Everyone would pay 30% of their income.
Define "income."

Although you posted three hours after I did, you seem
to have completely ignored the issues I raised.

BackOnTopic.
==========
As I was getting out of my car today, I heard a campaign
ad for Denish. Sorry, but that is a voice bereft of charisma.
It's going to be a real handicap.

I also thought that as a strategy, Martinez could run against
the governor as if Denish didn't even exist. This would be
extremely an extremely frustrating tactic and impossible to
counter. One side could say "he's not even running ..." whilst
the other side just ignored that and kept campaigning against
the governor.

For most of us, it would be funny and amusing.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:24 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,681 times
First debate is on the 19th... Anyone know what station it will be broadcast on? Or made available online?

Diane Denish is proposing a series of 8 debates, so far only one scheduled. I'm interested to see them debate each other.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:54 PM

Susana is going to make her cry. haha.

Can NOT wait to see that.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:20 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Susana is going to make her cry. haha.

Can NOT wait to see that.
I'm sure they're both mature and articulate enough to convey their messages without making each other cry. And if they did start attacking eachother to that point, then lots of voters would be lost... So... I'm sure it will be civil

Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 PM

Susana is a DA. She is loud, to the point, responsive and a mean serious lady! Courtrooms and dealing with the public everyday!
Diane is someone who speaks once a year... the legislature. Even at that. She claims she has done so much. She sits behind a desk all day agreeing with daddy richardson 24-7.

Enough games. We know Susana is not going to make her cry. It is a joke. After Denish got angry on a blog about a particular commercial and how it hurt her feelings.
It will be civil. But It is going to be a catfight.

Winner = Susana, anyone else agree.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
I'm sure they're both mature and articulate enough to convey their messages without making each other cry. And if they did start attacking eachother to that point, then lots of voters would be lost... So... I'm sure it will be civil
You think two women, running for such an important office will keep things civil? We will see.

Nita

Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 AM

5,034 posts, read 7,414,809 times
Susana looked nervous debating in the primaries and her voice was shaking. Diane has challenged Susana to eight debates, so far Susana has agreed to only one. It will be substance (Diane) against talking points (Susana).

But really I wonder if it will matter who wins. Does anything get done in Santa Fe?

Old 08-05-2010, 09:59 AM

Susana looked nervous? Ummm I'm so sure she was thats why she won.

And I want proof that she has challenged her to 8 and only agreed to one. Cause from a news confrence I was at, it was the other way around.

And Now nothing is getting done in Santa Fe. I would rather have a fresh leader. A Republican.
Even though I'm the hardest of all democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico