Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:30 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times

Advertisements

New Mexico police remove 4 children from church compound

Another one of these strange churches (similar to the polygamist ranch in Texas), up by where Brian lives near Clayton. It seems the state police raided this place and removed four children, of which the leader of the church is accused of having sex with the attendees of the church. Evidently, the surname (Bent) is the same as one of our frequent posters here.

Here is the website of the church: Strong City Cult and Michael Travesser / Wayne Bent

Old 04-30-2008, 12:49 PM

946 posts, read 3,265,737 times
Default Yeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
New Mexico police remove 4 children from church compound

Another one of these strange churches (similar to the polygamist ranch in Texas), up by where Brian lives near Clayton. It seems the state police raided this place and removed four children, of which the leader of the church is accused of having sex with the attendees of the church. Evidently, the surname (Bent) is the same as one of our frequent posters here.

Here is the website of the church: Strong City Cult and Michael Travesser / Wayne Bent
Fact is, most people named Bent in the US are related.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:14 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Yes he lives here. They had a show on Discovery Channel not long ago about the cult too. Not a fact I am too proud to announce to the world, but they are there none the less. I know they were making the show over a year ago through working with the NM Film Office and whatnot, not that they did tell the office they were filming, but people talk when they know you are with the NM Film Office.

Strong City Cult and Michael Travesser / Wayne Bent is the cults website. The things they do make me feel sick to the stomach, but hey, I am not vunerable enough to be taken in by the BS.

He preaches to the kids to be naked before God, but never told the kids to be naked before him (or so he says), but he tells the kids he is God, so then that means they have to be naked before him! One of the girls admitted stripping on the shop and laying beside him, and he "held" her then which wasnt her idea, but it was good etc. That in itself is reason to take the sick SOB and lock him up but apparently not.

IMO it is sad that it took a TV show for this to come to light and have children taken away, and the hopefull arrest of Travesser. I wish they could have dont it before the children embarrased themselves on international TV.

Overall they dont bother the "general" public. They come to town, get welfare or whatever they want to rape the State off of and buy groceries.

I do know a few more stories which I know the media does not know about that I would like to say but not exactly sure if I should.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I want to say something very clear right now. The President of the United States will understand me. Ask Mr. Bush if he understands what I am going to say.

We have been inundated with requests from the media for an interview with me. They want to ask me questions. I know very well who the media represents. I have no illusions regarding a free press. The press is only an arm of the beast. It lives on lies and hallucinations. So this is my message to you:

I do not speak to, nor do I negotiate with terrorists, who are holding my children hostage. I will speak with the media when they let my children go, permanently. Until the terrorist state releases my children, I will not speak with you or yours.
The above quote was taken from his website. That pretty much points out how twisted he is. I believe he is a very intelligent man. From watching the show, when he was spouting his BS, and his "followers" were talking the look in his eyes said "Hey man, I cant believe they buy this BS either!" kind of look. Sad part of the show was when he was describing how he had sex with his sons wife (both are in the Cult) because God wanted him to, and his son stood their crying.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:19 PM

203 posts, read 714,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Bent View Post
Fact is, most people named Bent in the US are related.
And the Bent name is pretty prominent in the history of Northern NM and Southern Colorado, along with the names Carson and Boggs, Beaubien and St Vrain

Old 04-30-2008, 11:06 PM

203 posts, read 714,261 times
A few years back I was writing an article on El Portal Hotel in Raton. While taking pictures of the lobby, a resident of the hotel bent my ear with a story about a cult compound out around Folsom whose leaders were kidnappers and pedophiles. He hoped to convince me to write a piece about them. Unfortunately, he kept saying it was The Mandala Center- a highly respected ecumenical retreat center near Des Moines NM, so I thought he was just venting a little paranoia. Should have checked the story a little deeper.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Unfortunately being intelligent neither does nor precludes being delusional. He is pretty much hopeless.

I think the kids will need more love, care, attention and therapy than their father. I hope there are people around willing and able to take care of these children. I wonder why the filmmakers did not immediately report this crime to the police.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:20 AM

News crews are all over it last nite and this morning. News Channel 10, Channel 7 and Channel 4, all from Amarillo TX were here last nite and this morning.

KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo, TX: newschannel10.com - Three children removed from an apocalyptic church in New Mexico
MyHighPlains.com - Area Compound Under Investigation (http://myhighplains.com/content/fulltext/?cid=8293 - broken link)

Seems they are a little late on the breaking news.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:48 AM

Friend of mine heard about it on Irish radio too, were famous I guess :S
RTÉ Radio One, Mooney Goes Wild

Old 05-01-2008, 01:41 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Am watching Fox News and they are interviewing some of the people who have gotten away from that compound in the last few months. Another wacko run amok. There aren't that many people who live in Union County, as Clayton is the county seat.Brian, I'm pretty familiar with the area that Fox (and CNN showed). Looks like that area is closer to Capulin than where you are at. Are they saying just where that compound is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico