Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 08:53 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,290,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
I collect Eagles el pintada kid

Football cards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
Actually, I thought I had a valid, if somewhat tongue-in-cheek, comment.. assuming it's me that you're addressing. If, on the other hand,
it was the beef comment that drew your ire, I have to admit I don't get that one myself.

But in any case, I'll now just fritter away to a spiritually lower plane of existence.
I often wondered that myself.. I would suspect that a mole-rat would have some qualities a human could admire.. I always thought a Ferret would be be a great totem animal as well.. And to be honest it would have to be on my totem as well.. I like Shinnies. =)

By the way nice use of the word ire. And no it was not you.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 PM
_yb

I found a couple of those quizes via search. One said I was a black panther. There is no such animal.
Another said I was a badger.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:30 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,750,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
I found a couple of those quizes via search. One said I was a black panther. There is no such animal.
We've seen 'em here in Panama so whatever reference you're using is wrong about that. There are several sightings a year in areas where people are settling around the fringes of the national forests.

I also remember that in 70 or 71 the ABQ zoo had one. Someone threw acid on it (Vietnam / Black Power era) and it almost died because it tried to lick itself clean and burned the heck out of it's mouth and esphogus.

FYI..
Mike

Old 07-30-2008, 09:53 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Quote:
a mole, a turkey or a garden slug.

Actually, there are. you just don't hear that much about them. The mammels (larger) are the ones you seem to hear the most about.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Yes, there are black panthers. What a great animal to have.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
I had never heard of that but my Animals would Definately be the Eagle and the Wolf. I collect Eagles and i have a half Wolf dog that weighs over 100 lbs and he doesnt trust anyone but is very Gentle and would not hurt a Fly or my Puppy a little Jack Russell who bugs him till i figure Lobo my Wolf is gonna lose it but he never does. A Wolf in the Wild has never been known to hurt a human. Over the Years ive taken in lots of different breeds of Dogs to keep them from dying and have learned the Disposition and how much work it is trying to keep the peace. el pintada kid
Study upon the eagle and wolf medicine and it will tell you a lot about yourself.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:00 PM

215 posts, read 840,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
The book is called, "Animal Speak" by Ted Andrews. I got mine several years ago in a bookstore.
This book is practically my bible. I also have "Medicine Cards" by Sams and Carson. My totems are always changing, but bears, deer, moose, lions, dogs, spiders, and various birds are in regular rotation.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:31 PM
_yb

Quote:
We've seen 'em here in Panama so whatever reference you're using is wrong about that. There are several sightings a year in areas where people are settling around the fringes of the national forests.

FYI..
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Yes, there are black panthers. What a great animal to have.

I would love to see photos of these black panthers. Please no photos of black jaguars.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:52 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,750,813 times
Quote:
I would love to see photos of these black panthers. Please no photos of black jaguars.
As I'm sure you know by how you chose to phrase the question, "Black Panthers" are in fact Jaguars with a recessive color gene.

Here is the link to Wikipedia's article on the subject which you may find to be reasonably authoritative.
Black panther - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see by this photo, the spots are still visible..

http://tinyurl.com/572nz3 (broken link)

None-the-less, "Black Panther" is a correct designation.

Hope that helps.
Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico