Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:41 AM

622 posts, read 1,724,303 times

Advertisements

My condolences dracul. Thank you for your beautiful and eloquent eulogy.

I know that your Fazoo and my Bengali are happily doing their feline thing in the Spirit World.

Until we meet them again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
My heart is going out to you now. It's hard when a friend leaves us.
Your post is a beautiful story.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:07 AM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Pets are not just pets. They're your friends, your pals. They never question you, are always there for you. They sense when you're in pain, having a bad day, are really po'd about something. They give you unconditional love

Old 01-13-2009, 10:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Pets are not just pets. They're your friends, your pals. They never question you, are always there for you. They sense when you're in pain, having a bad day, are really po'd about something. They give you unconditional love

We moved from NM to AR last June with our two doggies and 2 cats. One of our dogs, Reggie, our very bright and wonderful Springer Spanial did not take the move well. Even with a brand new dog run, the second day in our new home we got out while we were shopping. Being afraid of thumder as he was, I guess he took off. We do live in the forest pretty much. Never did we see my wonderful boy again. We looked high and low, he had a chip but nothing brought him back. We have cried, morned, looked, and will never get over the empty place in our hearts. We just hope he found a home with acreage and kids, he loves both.

Nita

Old 01-13-2009, 10:50 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Dracul,

This says it all... Sorry for your loss

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:08 PM

215 posts, read 652,394 times
Default We never forget them

Dracul, It's taken me about 20 minutes to clear my eyes enough to type. I'm so very sorry for your loss. There are pets and companions and then there are the special ones we've all had the privledge of sharing time with. Some truly leave a hole in our soul that never mends.
Linda

Old 01-13-2009, 12:37 PM

261 posts, read 936,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
I've decided to box my friend up, blanketed in my best shirt, take him with us to New Mexico tomorrow.
I think your friend is already here.

Here's an old poem about cats.

A Cat Named Sloopy

Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
My dear friend Fazoo has died tonight. Fazoo was a truly heroic cat who was so beautiful and fierce. His gold eyes glowing with witch fire in the dark and his magnificent pure white long haired coat he kept impeccable. He feared nothing and terrorized even my pit bull dog! He would brook no canine incursions into his turf. He wanted to share me with no one or nothing. He loved me. It was/is mutual.

Fazoo slept every night I'd let him on my chest or in the crook of my arm, purring contentedly away. At night he would launch himself about the room making impossible leaps that only cats in high prime can accomplish. I marveled at his athleticism and admired his beautific, feline nobility. He seemed so much like a miniature lion, or a white tiger. He would always greet me when I returned after having beed away. He would cry loudly to gain my attention upstairs if he heard my voice. Fazoo was very special indeed.

Only three hours ago he was beside me, as he always is, watching me laboriously peck one handedly at these keys...his uncanny metallic gold eyes watching my fingers and occasionally fixing his intense gaze upon my face. I roughly pushed him away tonight as he had a knack for unplugging my surge suppressor. He protested unusually loudly this evening and went into our spare basement bedroom, where we often spent the night. He died alone in there beside a suitcase filled with my graphic artwork and lithographs. One paw forever raised as if in salute, his beautiful eyes closed now forever. Cats are always seemingly half in this corporeal world and half in some other realm or plane of existence. Fazoo the Great...Kibbles...Simba...all his names...was especially serene and mystical.

He was my dear friend, more of a selfless, devoted pal to me than 99% of all the humans I've ever known. His loss takes another divat out of my wayward soul. He was only perhaps 7 years old at most, in his high prime, and the most spectacular huge white cat you could ever hope to see. I had intended to give him more freedom in New Mexico, on our land. I expected him to outlive me actually.

Now my loyal and matchless feline friend is gone from me; but not from my heart. He will speak to me no more and I shall miss his strong voice. I will miss his muscular weight on my chest at night and his full tilt romps throughout the basement where he resided of late. Often he would launch himselffrom my chest to a window sill planter I made, waking me but amusing me as well. He loved only me in my family and seemed to merely tolerate everyone else. He had some affection for my boys I suppose, but I was his unworthy king. He was ever at my side, on my shoulder or on my chest. His loss is vast for me. He was my avatar in many ways. I was his whole world.

I have wept for my friend tonight and expect to weep more. I'll bury him in front of my house tomorrow with the help of my strong sons. In the Spring I'll plant some beautiful tree above him and he shall live on...just as I've planted trees over all my animal friends over 30+ years and in two states. I love that grand cat who through the agencies of fate came to injure my hand so badly. He was no more at fault for this than a loaded gun is at fault when a careless person manipulates it and gets shot in the process. He hurt me by reflex action and forever changed me. But he never knew he had so grievously wounded me. He loved me until the very hour he disappeared into my basement bedroom. I only wish I had been there...a mere twenty feet from where I now sit...to stroke him and see him off to the land of the Gods, where the souls of all cats are one day called.

Goodbye my dear friend and Godspeed to the side of Osiris or Horus or Anubis or Sekhmet. I will never forget you.
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my beloved cocker spaniel Nellie in April, I know how you feel. Take solace, someday you will see your beloved friend again in heaven.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
A Pet's Prayer
If it be I grow frail and weak,
and pain should wake me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done,
for this last battle can't be won.
You will be sad, I understand,
don't let your grief then stay your hand,
for this day more than all the rest,
your love and friendship stand the test.
We've had so many happy years together,
what is to come will hold no fears,
you'll not want me to suffer, so,
when the time comes
please let me go.
I know in time you too will see,
it is kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
from pain and suffering I've been saved.
Do not grieve that it should be you,
who has to decide this thing to do,
We've been so close, we two these years,
don't let your heart hold any tears.
Author unknown.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:37 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,193 times
You are dear people and I am deeply moved. My sole typing hand shakes with emotion. Thank you for your heartfelt thoughts and lovely words. I've copied them and they shall accompany my Fazoo, along with a last meal for his voyage across the river Styx, his favorite water bowl, a feather boa he fancied, cedar wood chips to alert the sublime of his approach, two of my best shirts to keep him warm and remind him I'll always love him, a letter I wrote just for him, three photo's of his majesty and one of me. Soon we're for the road south...I will not be deterred. I'm fasting this day and taking none of my meds; this day I honor my dear friend and attone for anything I may have done to hurt or dishonor him even in the slightest. I guess I should bid you all a fond goodbye, for now, and proffer my humble thanks for your kindness. Must stop over at Wolf's Camera and have an enlarged portrait with backing made of Fazoo. His serene image and beauty need to be revisited regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: