Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:32 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times

Advertisements

Tonight (1-19-09) at 8 PM New Mexico time, there will be a candle lighting ceremony from all over the world from the CD people to honor the pets we have lost through death.
Everyone, please participate and light a candle or some candles for my Isis (put to sleep this past week) and the other pets that have gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 05:45 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Tonight (1-19-09) at 8 PM New Mexico time, there will be a candle lighting ceremony from all over the world from the CD people to honor the pets we have lost through death.
Everyone, please participate and light a candle or some candles for my Isis (put to sleep this past week) and the other pets that have gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
I'm sorry to hear that, Song......been there, done that, many times over the last 25 years. Although I still tear up, even after the last one I had to let go in 2006, I know that these words are true:

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak and pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done, for this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand, but don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest, your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years, you wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go. Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end. And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see. I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me. Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved. Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:14 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times
Song, I'm so sorry to here about Isis. As caretaker of pets ourselves we know the deep hurt of losing a loved one. Our thoughts and prayers for better days for you and CH.

David and Terri

Last edited by Pipeweld; 01-19-2009 at 06:58 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 06:24 PM

143 posts, read 364,900 times
Default Heartfelt sympathy!!!

Quote:
Oh Cheryl -
I am so sadden to learn that Isis is not with you any longer. Bear lost his daddy, Spencer, just a week ago. We will have to think of Isis & Spencer & Fazoo all frolicking together in that special Heaven with all of the other furry ~ feathered~ finned friends that we have lost over the years!

I love the candle idea! There will be several flickering in Phx. Take care.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:03 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
i wish i would have seen this sooner i would have done it too. you know the story of rainbow bridge

Old 01-20-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
i wish i would have seen this sooner i would have done it too. you know the story of rainbow bridge
Woof Woof from the rainbow bridge is the one that let me know about it. I think we're doing it next week too.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:14 PM

215 posts, read 652,394 times
Song, so sorry to hear about your beloved Isis. It's always hard losing these dear friends. I didn't read this early enough to light a candle but it's lit now and my thoughts are with all those who 'temporarily' gone from us.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:55 PM

I found out today that this is a weekly ritual on Monday nights and for more information on it, go to petloss (dot) com
It can be done online with people all over the world or you can do it yourself whenever you want.
Last night, I chose to do it my myself and it helps to know that others have been through this too and have the same feelings.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:04 PM

464 posts, read 1,157,655 times
Im So sorry to hear this about your Isis, Song And thank you for letting us know about these 'services' they hold, what a sweet comforting practice.
I was just think tonite about my Sharpei, I had to put to sleep, she really was like my child
And I realized just now, that was 10 years ago this month! It doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I've had a couple of foster' dogs I've watched for a while since, but nothing 'mine' again.

Until recently, I've only considered it that when I finally get moved to NM. Get one then. But......there's been a stray beautiful Chocolate Lab running loose at the Barn/Farm the past few months, about a year old. He's sort of adopted us all.
He has "owners" that really don't care for him and he's even been hit by a car in his running around loose all the time. So we've called the people/owners (4 times); they say he comes home when he's 'hungry' (tho he gets stuff at the Barn from us too ).
Seems they could care less or worse (they've had 3 previous and others dogs die).

So we called the Sheriff last week, he said NOW we can do with him what we please. We've given the people fair enough warning. So I'm considering bring him home in about a month.
He hangs around me alot when I'm at the Barn
Sweet, smart, quiet guy.
But he's also not 'altered', and he limps some now from the accident.

So I'm savin' my 'pennies' so I can pay for the 400.00+ Vet bill, for him. That a bill Before, I even get him home!
I wasn't planning on it. Just sort of seems like this is the way it might go, for him and I

Just what I need another 'large' Vet bill, LOL It's the xrays that are the whoppers (pelvis, hip, leg) and we'll do them while he's asleep for the surgery (if his heartworm test is negative that is)
Everyone else at the Farm has a dog or two already. Maybe it's meant to be, that I, take him And he gets along with Horses already
I hope his hip/pelvis is not 'bad' too.

I didn't plan on this but, he's "workin'" on me, LOL
We shall see.
(sorry about the long story, this has just oddly popped up recently )

I'm really sorry about your Isis, Song. Thanks for sharing this.
You take care there, Hugs

Tia Dalma

Old 01-22-2009, 04:57 AM

185 posts, read 488,819 times
Default My best friend waits at the Bridge...

Quote:
Song, I'm a farm boy and have been around animals all of my life. I remember as a kid raising 4-H cattle and hogs, and knowing that after the fair they will be on someone's dinner table was always hard. We've always had pets around the farm and dogs, cats, and horses have come and gone. But 2 weeks ago, I had to do the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. Our 10 year old Husky, Tucker, developed heart problems and I had to make the hard decision to put him down. Not sure why his passing affected me so much, I cried all the way home, and I've never felt that way before. So really can appreciate how you felt about your companion and family member Isis, and what a nice gesture with the candle lights. Maybe our 4 legged friends are really helping illuminate the way home for ourselves. Heaven knows we need it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico