Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 10:56 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,251,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Tomorrow( it's Friday morning here-12:36 AM) my Police Explorers post has to work security for a childrens duck race at one of the local parks. I know it will probably a little fun and what not but I think it's sad that in todays world that their needs to be security for a CHILDRENS duck race.

One of the roads in my neighborhood is almost finished with it's extension project. Which will provide another North-South Corridor for my side of town. But the end of that project signals a few other projects in the immediate area that will totally down it out.

It rained about 1.1 inches today. Our high temperature was 72..other than that nothing really much has been going on.
Security at a children's duck race. Just chalk it up to experience and a few years down the road you can laugh at it, not that it not important, but for now you are the low man on the totem pole. Just be friendly and smile. Take it all in as a learning experience.

I know you, you will do just fine. Keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 07:02 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
Alison, it will soon be over and done and then you can relax a little.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:44 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,030 times
Phone service was turned off this morning, but guess they forgot about my PC. hehehe

I am taking breaks now and then to keep muscles loosened up and all. Looking forward to Tues., have an appt for a massage! Definitely will need it. Right now tho, I keep thinking how nice it would be to own a hot tub.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Alison,

Once you are settled in we would like a little report as to how things went. Hopefully really good. I know moving is usually not any fun but hopefully it works out for the better.
We got quite alot moved yesterday. It was my daughter's day off from work, so we picked up the keys to new place early and got busy. After hubby got home from work, he and dd moved boxes from house to another, while I unpacked some things. Hubby is getting out early this afternoon and we will move more tonight.

Tomorrow a.m . he picks up the Uhaul truck. A friend at work is also going to be helping with his pickup and a trailer. The worse part is trying to convince the grandson he cannot play with all his toys for a couple of days.

Hopefully any rain will hold off til we are finished.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Phone service was turned off this morning, but guess they forgot about my PC. hehehe

I am taking breaks now and then to keep muscles loosened up and all. Looking forward to Tues., have an appt for a massage! Definitely will need it. Right now tho, I keep thinking how nice it would be to own a hot tub.
It's great owning a hot tub.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
It's great owning a hot tub.
Take a nice long soak for me, ok?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:58 PM

I'll do that for ya.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:33 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,694 times
Exclamation Don't chat with me, what am I, chopped liver?

About 5 people left using the New Mexico chat forum, why don't they just exchange emails instead.
I can't even get a conversation going here of any substance, what is this? a clique?
where has everyone gone? what does, not a member mean?
I get more satisfaction out of twittering CNN

Old 07-25-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
About 5 people left using the New Mexico chat forum, why don't they just exchange emails instead.
I can't even get a conversation going here of any substance, what is this? a clique?
where has everyone gone? what does, not a member mean?
I get more satisfaction out of twittering CNN
I know what ya mean. I don't know what happened either. Not a member means the person has been kicked off CD. Unfortunately, a couple of them have been kicked off for whatever reasons.
No clique here.
Start a conversation and someone will hop on the bandwagon.
I just don't have anything to start for now and my computer is having some problems along with a few other people here in Timberon so I'm on and off.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,057,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Security at a children's duck race. Just chalk it up to experience and a few years down the road you can laugh at it, not that it not important, but for now you are the low man on the totem pole. Just be friendly and smile. Take it all in as a learning experience.

I know you, you will do just fine. Keep us posted.
The duck race was rained out. Thunderstorm came in 60 miles further south and much earlier than expected. The event was cancelled at 9am( event was set to begin at 6pm). So I decided to volunteer to pass out food at one of the local churces. Doing that was certainly an experience. Never thought I would see people act the way they did in a church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico