Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:05 PM

141 posts, read 380,614 times

Advertisements

wow i never knew there were so many new subdivisions and I live here...Nothglen, stonehaven, sandstone, raintree, copper manor, Colonial estates, Colonial park, pheasant run, pheasant manor, college park, richmond hill, San Vicente estates, Country Meadows, Cheyyene Meadows, fairfield!!! wow thats alot to choose from...thanks for that help Clairz Im sure he will like something lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 03:08 PM

13 posts, read 38,767 times
Me neither.. Copper manor I see has some small nice cheap houses...

Old 04-29-2009, 03:10 PM

18 posts, read 46,231 times
Hey what abt the rest of Clovis?? I havent heard much abt the west and south side.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiefos View Post
You have to remember that most airmen have spouses and children moving there with them and also with all the growth comes many needed civilian on base jobs and yes, hopefully lots of local city growth. This all happened here a while back in a town called Crestview, Fl. All the builders started putting up affordable bigger houses there and all the military flocked to live there, too fast! There was and is traffic congestion still in that town. I hope it won't take too long to drive from NE Clovis to the base? Any ideas?

Thats very true!!! But if Clovis wanted to grow a sfast as them we would really have to cut our house prices and produce more jobs!!

Old 04-29-2009, 03:32 PM

576 posts, read 2,307,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes4 View Post
Thank you so much!! Those rocks are very weird had to rub my eyes after that one! jk But that looks like a nice place but saw a sold sign on the house that wasnt even complete..what side of town is that on??
It's in the northeast part of town. I think that this subdivision is set up so you buy your lot and arrange to have your house built. It doesn't look like builders are doing the houses "on spec" so everything will have a sold sign on it as soon as it goes up.

That older house across from the subdivision in the first photo had a for sale sign on it. By rocks did you mean that "desert landscaping" in front of the house? They were an interesting color.

However, I'm glad to see some xeriscaping going in on newer construction. For some reason, many houses here have green lawns, front and back. I wish our house hadn't come that way, because it means a lot of watering and upkeep. It makes me feel bad to be using so much water in such a dry state, but tearing it out would be expensive, too.

~clairz

Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,215,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nategdh View Post
really??? are you from this area??
ABQ > Santa Rosa > Ft. Sumner > Clovis > Lubbock and back again.

12+ Times per year during College.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
ABQ > Santa Rosa > Ft. Sumner > Clovis > Lubbock and back again.

12+ Times per year during College.
My friend is doing that right now!! he travels to Texas Tech 2 times a week but from Clovis not Alb it is just cheaper!! its only an hour and a half drive

Old 04-29-2009, 04:39 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,215,780 times
Your friend isn't living in the dorms? (assuming he/she is a student)

Old 04-29-2009, 05:02 PM

He has a family already started here in Clovis so its kinda hard to stay in the dorms and he told me its cheaper living here including gas ect..And he is a part time doctor..but he thinks its ok..hes glad to see all the growth comin cus it means more doctors to help out with the crunch!!

Old 04-29-2009, 05:04 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
It makes you wonder with all the growth that's going to happen if Clovis will have to build a second high school in the next 3 to 4 years or so .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico