Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:36 AM

141 posts, read 380,868 times

Advertisements

that would be weird to see Portales like that it does have its small town charm!! They would just have to come to Clovis for their needs even though there are plenty of option already there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 02:08 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,032,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nategdh View Post
that would be weird to see Portales like that it does have its small town charm!! They would just have to come to Clovis for their needs even though there are plenty of option already there..
When I lived there I would complain there is nothing to do and I wish new businesses would open up, I would complain that the old folks dont want Portales to change and now Im one of them but just not old.

I've seen the way Farmington has grown with new buildings popping up all over and its just not the same town it was 20 years ago,the place has really grown,its its own metro area now, that is what I am dreading with Clovis/Portales, I dont want the Clovis growth to grow into Portales, thats why they built the Greyhound Stadium halfway between Clovis and Portales cause decades ago they expected the two towns to grow into each other eventually and both towns could share the stadium making it more convenient. Clovis ended up growing north and Portales just never really grew.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:44 PM

Clovis has changed alot since i was younger I always knew that it had a lil potential to grow how it is now!! But Desertsun that was some nice info on the stadium i played football there at ENMU in pvill and never knew that...that would be something if we did grow together..although now adays when i drive to school (Clovis to Portales) traffic is pretty heavy on US70 which is as busy as any interstate between towns and cities accross the state...but with Clovis having all the strip malls, almost every national chain, Portales shouldnt have to build to much..most like it the way it is anyways...

Old 04-28-2009, 06:46 PM

18 posts, read 46,244 times
Hey nategdh since your on..can you pleases tell me abt entertainment!!!??!!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 PM

well its still only a town of 35,000 so we dont really have too much to offer! Although we do have the 2nd biggest zoo in the state but still isnt all that great....but maybe things will change..oh yeah kelleys is a popular club!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 05:18 AM

576 posts, read 2,308,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes4 View Post
Hey guys im looking into the Clovis area to live and work. I know my job is secure if i move there, but we are looking into a newer neighborhood ive heard about all the north and east side construction..I heard of "raintree'' think i spelt it right but sounds a little pricey...any other neighborhoods???
Gabe, I've posted several sets of photos taken around Clovis. There is one of the zoo, which you asked about in a later post on this thread.

If you look at "Around the Neighborhoods" the first several pictures were taken in Raintree. The newer houses are in the northeast neighborhoods. I put in a lot of photos of houses along Giddings St., which has a lot of really nice, more vintage-style homes.

~clairz

Old 04-29-2009, 08:21 AM

Hey clairz!!! I think Gabes4 will really like your photos cus i sure did...

Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 AM

576 posts, read 2,308,533 times
Quote:
Hey clairz!!! I think Gabes4 will really like your photos cus i sure did...
Thanks, Nate. I have some of those posted as slide shows on YouTube and for a long time got nothing but grief about them. There are some who really want to think of Clovis as an armpit and don't want to see any positive portrayals of it, and that made me feel pretty discouraged. So, it's nice for me to hear about someone liking the Clovis portrait I've been "painting."

When I first came here a couple of years ago from New England I was bothered by the flatness and was trying hard to look for the good things about the area. Now that I've been here for a while, although I'm not saying that I would live here forever, I have come to appreciate a lot about the High Plains lifestyle--it's so laid back, the people are friendly, the cowboys make for great scenery , and there's little or no real traffic. The weather is a great plus, except for the wind--but I can't really let that bother me, because back where I come from--beautiful as it is--people spend 6 months out of the year shoveling snow!

~clairz

Old 04-29-2009, 08:57 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,633,610 times
Quote:
well its still only a town of 35,000 so we dont really have too much to offer! Although we do have the 2nd biggest zoo in the state but still isnt all that great....but maybe things will change..oh yeah kelleys is a popular club!!!
I remember the zoo at a large park in town as it was like an oasis in the high plains and it was really nice there. Lots of super friendly people in Clovis when i visited it several years ago.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:03 AM

18 posts, read 46,244 times
Hey Clairz like your pics you got up there and imreally gonna have to stop by the zoo some time!! Well i did some research online and found a subdivision called copper manor that i dont think was mentioned any info on this place???

And 6'3 Im just curious are you from this area??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico