Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:09 AM

13 posts, read 38,768 times

Advertisements

Clairz your right abt traffic well compared to the east coast..but for a a big town it has its problems. Last time I was down there I was stuck in the middle of an intercection on prince and commerce got a ticket for it and it took me almost 45 min that day just to get to the mall from the subway on mabry..but Im glad you grew fond of the area..cant wait to move back!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 10:20 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,612,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes4 View Post
And 6'3 Im just curious are you from this area??
Nope, i grew up in Las Cruces and live around Alamogordo .

Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 PM

74 posts, read 199,749 times
Default Airmen have families

Quote:
Originally Posted by nategdh View Post
heck yeah!! I still cant believe that 3,700 new airman is gonna fuel 17,000 more ppl to come but im excited...as i ride around town empty lots are saying sold..im happy that eastern and southern nm are doing so well cus all here is ab alb/sf..but being on the border we usually go to texas for our needs and the lubbock and amarillo news are the stations we get and maybe one from alb
You have to remember that most airmen have spouses and children moving there with them and also with all the growth comes many needed civilian on base jobs and yes, hopefully lots of local city growth. This all happened here a while back in a town called Crestview, Fl. All the builders started putting up affordable bigger houses there and all the military flocked to live there, too fast! There was and is traffic congestion still in that town. I hope it won't take too long to drive from NE Clovis to the base? Any ideas?

Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 PM

576 posts, read 2,307,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes4 View Post
Hey Clairz like your pics you got up there and imreally gonna have to stop by the zoo some time!! Well i did some research online and found a subdivision called copper manor that i dont think was mentioned any info on this place???
Hi, Gabe. I didn't think I knew anything about this subdivision, but it turns out that I drive by it all the time. I took some photos for you this morning and posted the Copper Manor album at http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...per-manor.html. If you click on each photo, there is more info in the caption.

I found a useful listing of new subdivisions in Clovis and Portales at the Clovis/Portales Information Center.

~clairz

Old 04-29-2009, 01:35 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,216,496 times
Wow. Copper Manor reminds me a lot of Lubbock. It's got a lot more West Texas influence than New Mexican.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:15 PM

13 posts, read 38,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiefos View Post
You have to remember that most airmen have spouses and children moving there with them and also with all the growth comes many needed civilian on base jobs and yes, hopefully lots of local city growth. This all happened here a while back in a town called Crestview, Fl. All the builders started putting up affordable bigger houses there and all the military flocked to live there, too fast! There was and is traffic congestion still in that town. I hope it won't take too long to drive from NE Clovis to the base? Any ideas?
Clovis doesnt really have a traffic problem if yor coming from a big city or a city with an interstate...but getting from NE Clovis to the base shouldnt be to bad most congested areas are around the 21st in prince area

Old 04-29-2009, 02:21 PM

141 posts, read 380,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
Wow. Copper Manor reminds me a lot of Lubbock. It's got a lot more West Texas influence than New Mexican.
Yeah it does...its a baby lubbock they look the same except Clovis is smaller and no freeways..but thats why they call us ''lil texas''..the highway leading to lubbock is called Clovis highway..when you get in lubbock the streets called Clovis road

Old 04-29-2009, 02:23 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,216,496 times
Yep... traveled that road WAY too many times.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:27 PM

141 posts, read 380,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
Yep... traveled that road WAY too many times.
really??? are you from this area??

Old 04-29-2009, 02:38 PM

18 posts, read 46,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairz View Post
Hi, Gabe. I didn't think I knew anything about this subdivision, but it turns out that I drive by it all the time. I took some photos for you this morning and posted the Copper Manor album at http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...per-manor.html. If you click on each photo, there is more info in the caption.

I found a useful listing of new subdivisions in Clovis and Portales at the Clovis/Portales Information Center.

~clairz
Thank you so much!! Those rocks are very weird had to rub my eyes after that one! jk But that looks like a nice place but saw a sold sign on the house that wasnt even complete..what side of town is that on??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico