Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 02:15 PM

10 posts, read 39,116 times

Advertisements

hi
can you tell me what their is to see in farmington ,and surounding areas?museum and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 04:51 AM

476 posts, read 2,318,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hera62 View Post
hi
can you tell me what their is to see in farmington ,and surounding areas?museum and such.
Sure, there is the Aztec ruins in Aztec, NM by Farmington. There is Mesa Verde Anasazi ruins near Mancos, Colorado which is a MUST see! It was one of the best sites I have ever seen! Then there is Durango, an hour away, which has tons of music, jazz, classical concerts, rock, guitar, bluegrass, festivals of all sorts always going on. If you have time, go on the Durango Train which goes up to Silverton. It is great!
Durango, Colorado Tourism and Vacation Website
Farmington has a great museum and here is a link to it:
Farmington Museum at Gateway Park
Here is a link to alot of other things to do in Farmington:
Farmington, New Mexico Convention and Visitors Bureau
Have fun!

Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Get a copy of the Benchmark Atlas for New Mexico and Colorado. These books have lots of listings and stunningly detailed maps. The New Mexico tourism website also has many "things to do" lists.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:23 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,605,757 times
I agree with Greg W ...I have a bench mark atlas of New Mexico too...it's awesome ...as for things to do in the Farmington...."Aztec Ruins" is a must ....also check out "Ship Rock" ...a volcanic formation that rises approx 1800' above the surrounding plain ....just west of Ship Rock is "Snake Bridge" (the longest natural arch in NM) it is not even indicated on my bench mark NM atlas and is hard to reach near town of Sanostee ...also if you can visit "four corners" ...where 4 states meet... Angel Peak National Recreation Site south of Bloomfield has some wicked badlands ...also south of Farmington is the eerie "Bisti Badlands" ...alittle out of the way but very cool.....father away but amazing is "Chaco Canyon" ....however the road to it is not paved and kinda rough....and last but not least ....Navajo Lake.... a great place to hang out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico