Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 08:17 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,635 times

Advertisements

Gee, when left Georgia after 5 years never did miss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 11:18 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,085,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Gee, when left Georgia after 5 years never did miss it.
LOL hey that's cool man.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:40 AM

139 posts, read 252,613 times
So where do the ultra wealthy and sports stars live? Do they hire private security or do they not go out at night?

Old 08-19-2018, 12:39 PM

643 posts, read 977,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haditthere View Post
My advice.New Orleans has become a cesspool,Thanks to our liberal Democrat citizens.Horrible roads that destroy ur vehicle.Horrible public schools. Incompetent self serving politicians
Sky high rents to live in this dump.Violent crime is off the charts.Only the ultra rich and ultra poor live there now.There is NO MORE middle class.Avoid this horrid cesspool if u can.My advice might save ur life
I've lived there 50 years .I hope the next hurricane destroys this dump along with all the rich aholez who have gentrified this human dump
Shut your silly azz up...

Old 08-20-2018, 08:25 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyLF View Post
So where do the ultra wealthy and sports stars live? Do they hire private security or do they not go out at night?
They usually walk around with private security. It's become a decent sized industry in the city now. Even some middle class has them. They only go out with security teams. Brees doesn't need one though because everyone loves him.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:05 PM

203 posts, read 518,881 times
There are no safe places in New Orleans.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:54 AM

29 posts, read 26,578 times
I grew up on Nashville and Annunciation, near Audubon Park. Many young professionals are now in this area and have converted shotgun doubles into single family dwellings. I love my old neighborhood, but I would never live in the City again. I live in the burbs now. Extremely high taxes, terrible potholes that are so bad they often cause damage to your car, utilities are outragious, very slow police response. Check out Metairie which is right over the Parish line with very quick access to the City. I lived and worked in Metairie, its less than 5 minutes to the center of the City and 15 minutes to the French Quarter.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:58 PM

61 posts, read 55,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haditthere View Post
My advice.New Orleans has become a cesspool,Thanks to our liberal Democrat citizens.Horrible roads that destroy ur vehicle.Horrible public schools. Incompetent self serving politicians
Sky high rents to live in this dump.Violent crime is off the charts.Only the ultra rich and ultra poor live there now.There is NO MORE middle class.Avoid this horrid cesspool if u can.My advice might save ur life
I've lived there 50 years .I hope the next hurricane destroys this dump along with all the rich aholez who have gentrified this human dump
Except for your last sentence, which is really over the top . . . you're right on target.

Old 10-02-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
I grew up on Nashville and Annunciation, near Audubon Park. Many young professionals are now in this area and have converted shotgun doubles into single family dwellings. I love my old neighborhood, but I would never live in the City again. I live in the burbs now. Extremely high taxes, terrible potholes that are so bad they often cause damage to your car, utilities are outragious, very slow police response. Check out Metairie which is right over the Parish line with very quick access to the City. I lived and worked in Metairie, its less than 5 minutes to the center of the City and 15 minutes to the French Quarter.
Five minutes? Maybe at one a.m. Commute time from Metairie to the CBD has gotten a lot worse in recent years.

That said: The suburbs are much better than the city itself. I've said for years that the potholes have been there so long, neighbors have birthday parties for them. Utilities, insurance, everything that goes into your day-to-day life, is way too expensive for what you get.

Old 10-02-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenenola View Post
When I moved to New Orleans I choose to live in Uptown near Tulane and Audubon Park and I felt comfortable there as far crime was concerned. While I felt comfortable, I knew that I had to be alert all the time and when I found out that I was soon going to be a grandmother, I choose to leave the city and move just a few miles outside the city to an area (English Turn) that I had longed to move to because of the peacefulness and serenity of the area. It is only 8 miles from the Central Business District and you don't have to think twice about crime, there just isn't any. Add to that the fact that the home prices there are so much lower than what you'd pay in Uptown or the Garden District, it just doesn't make sense to live anywhere else. My husband and I love it here and my daughter and her family love to spend time here with us. If you want a peaceful, tranquil place to live check out English Turn on the West Bank. It really is a wonderful place to call home.
I drove down that way earlier this summer. For years I avoided the road leading to it because it was in terrible shape -- but the city or state finally turned it into a proper road.

I still couldn't afford to live there, I'm sure, but at least going home and coming out won't be a torture test for you and your vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans