Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 04:20 PM

101 posts, read 159,494 times

Advertisements

Pending approval from the housing agency, I will be there on Sept 1st. The news about the food stores is a welcome relief. Thanks, LICaviator

Old 08-10-2015, 05:37 PM

21 posts, read 30,194 times
Hey guys,
Just got called. I was wondering what the difference was in crossing versus commons besides the states obvious. Is one a lot nicer aesthically?

Old 08-10-2015, 05:49 PM

200 posts, read 374,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijo86 View Post
Hey guys,
Just got called. I was wondering what the difference was in crossing versus commons besides the states obvious. Is one a lot nicer aesthically?
Same finishes except for lighter cabinets in Commons. The biggest difference are the amenities - common has sun terrace, bigger gym, and multiple party rooms.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:09 PM

103 posts, read 158,839 times
Quote:
Hey guys,
The main differences come down to amenities within the building and finishes. Crossing has darker cabinets and a different colored tile in the kitchen. Commons has a lighter brown cabinet color. Beyond that, the amenities available within the buildings are a little different - namely, Commons has additional party rooms, the rooftop farm, outdoor terrace, Pet City, etc. Finally, you'll find some different types of layouts as the physical shape of Commons is a little different and more angular on some sides. Commons is also quite a bit larger - close to double the units. If you live on a low floor of Commons, you may end up in an apartment that has metal bars over the windows. It's part of the design and they stretch up to about the 7th floor or so. Just something to consider as they will block some of your window. They're both built to the same standards and I don't think you could argue that one is "nicer" than the other - just comes down to what's available and what layout/timing you prefer.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:43 PM

I was told that the amenities in commons is accessible to the residents living in crossings. That's nice to know.
Well thanks so much for the input guys! Good luck to everyone.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:24 AM

50 posts, read 68,236 times
Quote:
Hey guys,
What is your log number? Any preferences.ie. Community district, city employee etc? What size apt do you qualify for? Have you submitted your papers yet? Not being so nosy, really..just trying to figure out where I stand..

Old 08-11-2015, 07:53 AM

78 posts, read 168,740 times
Is there any amenity where there is not a fee applied?

Old 08-11-2015, 08:00 AM

Has anyone experienced being offered an apt so quickly where your not going to be able to give your current landlord adequate time to leave? How do you go about trying to push the lease at HPS, who can I talk to besides the leasing agent.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:27 AM

50 posts, read 68,236 times
Quote:
Has anyone experienced being offered an apt so quickly where your not going to be able to give your current landlord adequate time to leave? How do you go about trying to push the lease at HPS, who can I talk to besides the leasing agent.
When do they want you to move in?

Old 08-11-2015, 09:36 AM

6 posts, read 8,189 times
Quote:
Hey guys,
Congrats on getting the call. Can you let us know your log # and any preferences? Just trying to get a sense of where they are on the list.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery