Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 05:11 AM

106 posts, read 177,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageindeed View Post
Reading this thread now in 2020 and I’m patiently waiting for some type of email or call back from housing. I applied alone for a 1 bedroom in BK. Luckily after COVID, credit check was optional when I submitted all my paperwork. I had another option to submit bank statements and rent payment receipts instead. All of this information is still so very helpful!
Good luck to you, Vintageindeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 08:33 PM

4 posts, read 3,724 times
After interview and signing those extra forms like(4506) what is the next step?

Old 07-23-2021, 06:16 PM

51 posts, read 127,890 times
If you get selected to a wait list for a Mitchell-Lama apartment, in the application it asks for a Social Security number.

Is it okay to just put the last four digits of the Social Security or do you need to put in the full Social Security number?

If you don't put in the full Social Security number, will you be disqualified from the wait list?

I'm just hesitant to place my Social Security number in an application for a wait list that may take years if ever for me to be selected into an apartment. Once I'm selected for an apartment, I can absolutely give my full Social Security but want to try and minimize my exposure until then.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:52 PM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times
It varies. For one project I was told last four digits is okay, and another building needed the whole thing. The explanation was that for the automated waiting lists that some MLs have, the entire number is needed.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
It varies. For one project I was told last four digits is okay, and another building needed the whole thing. The explanation was that for the automated waiting lists that some MLs have, the entire number is needed.
Thanks, did you have to call the management company for the co-op to find out or was it HPD?

Old 07-24-2021, 04:39 AM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times
I think I put down the four digits on the paper application and mailed it in, and the management company mailed it back to me and told me to fill in the whole thing.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I think I put down the four digits on the paper application and mailed it in, and the management company mailed it back to me and told me to fill in the whole thing.
That's upstanding of them. I would think they would have just dropped your application from consideration if they wanted the full social.

Thank you!

Old 07-24-2021, 08:18 AM

394 posts, read 569,022 times
Hi all, reading the first post in this thread seems to still apply to the current housing connect website. Is it wise to email a management company to see where they currently are in terms of log numbers ? I have a log number of 2xx and the wait is killing me being that I have a chance

Old 08-02-2021, 11:45 AM

9 posts, read 6,891 times
Hello, this is my first post, however I've been lurking here for a while now ,

I have applied to several housing lotteries on Housing Connect2, but I had to move suddenly
(within the last week). I rented at my previous address (on my current applications) for 4 years with no lease. I have proof of address and receipts for all rent payments.

I am now staying with relatives and I'm not sure what to do if I'm asked to submit documents for a lottery. Which address do I use? Will a notarized letter from my relative be sufficient? I'm not sure if they'd be willing to submit a copy of their lease. Will HPD reach out to their landlord?

Old 08-02-2021, 01:25 PM

603 posts, read 598,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereMyDear View Post
Hello, this is my first post, however I've been lurking here for a while now ,

I have applied to several housing lotteries on Housing Connect2, but I had to move suddenly
(within the last week). I rented at my previous address (on my current applications) for 4 years with no lease. I have proof of address and receipts for all rent payments.

I am now staying with relatives and I'm not sure what to do if I'm asked to submit documents for a lottery. Which address do I use? Will a notarized letter from my relative be sufficient? I'm not sure if they'd be willing to submit a copy of their lease. Will HPD reach out to their landlord?
A notarized letter from your relative is enough for HPD. They usually do NOT reach out to the landlord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery