Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 03:46 PM

7 posts, read 11,337 times

Advertisements

Good for you YounginNYC. Wishing you all the best. Even if the apartment is a square with a circle in the middle, I need it now. I Can't wait for them to approve my paperwork so that i can move forward. I pray and wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 05:36 PM

196 posts, read 219,667 times
Did they sen your documents for approval @gracelynbell45

Old 06-12-2015, 05:58 AM

7 posts, read 11,337 times
I have signed and given money order and i called a couple days ago and Chris told me they're being processed and will hear from them soon. Without giving too much information, i heard that there are still lots more apartments in Phase I I for all the people who gave documents and processing was started. Some people were denied on the spot so there's no need to worry about not getting an apartment for those whose paperwork was being processed it's just a time consuming process

Old 06-12-2015, 07:04 AM

Yes they just getting to building 2 which is 516 vandalia its the anticipation

Old 06-12-2015, 11:20 AM

61 posts, read 93,849 times
I agree with @Vivalatash I feel they got the people that weren't fully prepared or qualified out of the way and everyone that was qualified just has to have a clean background and just wait on the city for processing. Some people jobs take a while to respond about employment and such. First move in is beging of July i believe mid July. When i last was over there i believe they were putting the finishing touches on the buildings i.e appliances

Old 06-12-2015, 02:18 PM

35 posts, read 69,636 times
Hey guys I got an email saying that right now they are almost done with offering apartments to the people with preferences right now Iam considered "open market" but since I have a very low log number my application is being processed in the first group for open market applicants she also said their goal for 1st group of open market applicants will be contacted in one to 2 weeks.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:07 PM

296 posts, read 481,454 times
Default lyla45

Hi, ladies, I'm carefully reading this forum. And I had the interview by April 1. Have a preference /disabled, my papers was good. Paid the money order for background check.My log in #8000 in the middle. Called to talk to Chris several days ago, asking about my application status.Get answer, that they did not rich my # yet. Anybody has any idea they ever rich those ##?

Old 06-12-2015, 08:08 PM

@arisleydaj can you give me the email I'm tired of calling about if they receive anything from the city

Old 06-13-2015, 08:08 AM

86 posts, read 112,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungInNYC View Post
No blue print but there is a specific day that I will be seeing the unit in about a week and a half from now.Then ill be moving in exactly a week from seeing it ill be able to measure for furniture. I won't dislike the unit,its a new building fresh a home is a home for me.
Thanks !! Congrats, take pics for the rest of us that's up next !! Maybe we'll be neighbors.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:36 PM

61 posts, read 93,849 times
@liliya47 We have a Disabled preference as well but my log # was in the low 2000s. There are 144 apts in total and disability gets 5% if those apartments. Just have to pray and wait for your acceptance letter. You should be good if you paid for a background check. I believe Arisleydaj said they are going by log #s. Praying for you all.

Patience is a virtue. These things sadly take time. To be honest this is one of the quick lotteries my mothers best friend is still waiting and he went in December for 1 in harlem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery