Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 12:55 PM

8 posts, read 12,593 times

Advertisements

So I just heard from the office. Apparently there were a bunch of rejection letters sent in error on September 23rd and they all state that the applicants have been rejected because they failed to schedule appointments. I was not the only one this happened to, so in the event that anyone else has received one of these letters, I would check in with them just to cover all bases, but they say to simply disregard them entirely.

Okay--so now that I've been "rejected" once, I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to live with another rejection! What a harrowing process this is!

Old 10-04-2016, 01:09 PM

91 posts, read 136,710 times
Wowwwwwww.

Poor things going through all that stress.
Eeek!

Glad this is an admitted error and not a final say on anyone's process.

Phew. Stresssss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boerumhillbilly View Post
So I just heard from the office. Apparently there were a bunch of rejection letters sent in error on September 23rd and they all state that the applicants have been rejected because they failed to schedule appointments. I was not the only one this happened to, so in the event that anyone else has received one of these letters, I would check in with them just to cover all bases, but they say to simply disregard them entirely.

Okay--so now that I've been "rejected" once, I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to live with another rejection! What a harrowing process this is!

Old 10-04-2016, 01:16 PM

114 posts, read 180,196 times
boerum, i'm so glad you checked in with them. cold comfort to all those people who got false rejections, who are probably scrambling like mad, but i hope this makes its way to the top of google for them.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:42 PM

8 posts, read 12,593 times
Thank you for the positive reinforcement. I got so wound up about it that I didn't even tell anybody I know. Glad to deescalate unnecessary worry for nothing!

Old 10-04-2016, 01:55 PM

246 posts, read 485,962 times
Quote:
Thank you for the positive reinforcement. I got so wound up about it that I didn't even tell anybody I know. Glad to deescalate unnecessary worry for nothing!

I am happy that everything turned out ok for you. no you can go back to waiting like the rest of us. LOL.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:37 PM

50 posts, read 79,662 times
YES come suffer with us on the waiting process lol

Old 10-04-2016, 02:52 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,579,361 times
Quote:
This is why God invented Xanax! Sorry you had to go through that. The process is stressful enough!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:07 PM

5 posts, read 9,886 times
Good Evening

I just got home from work and i check my mailbox and i see a letter saying i did not show up for my interview date in which i did and i have my receipt so i will be sending a copy of my receipt certified letter tomorrow smh they need to get their paperwork in order. I hope this does not push my paperwork back

Old 10-04-2016, 04:47 PM

246 posts, read 485,962 times
It looks like the second batch of interviews that were conducted they are dropping the ball on. Which is crazy. Hopefully the problem gets fixed and fast.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:06 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,857,841 times
I had my appeal interview today. The intake person told me that it's going to be about another month and a half before we hear back if any apts are available. Also? Sweetest people ever in the office. I had a good time there and my nervousness went away immediately after the interview started. It's first month rent and one month of security... I asked because I was curious about it if it was like a normal apartment.

Good luck everyone!

Also, she told me that she was SHOCKED that I had all my documents in order and that most people are always missing so much stuff and it's back and forth back and forth. So yes, bring EVERYTHING they request to the first interview. The easier you can make it for them, I think the better our shots are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery