Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 01:10 PM

33 posts, read 73,061 times

Advertisements

Hey dropping back onto this forum with some questions. So I recently switch jobs from my currently employer to the LIRR which is under the MTA. Would I get a municipal preference if I were to be called for an interview? Also has anyone with log #s in the high 60ks get called yet with a CB preference? I'm getting anxious now , I might superpass my income limit once I'm done with training at my new job by the end of year and would fall into the more expensive upper middle rent guidelines if I were to be called later on.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:48 PM

36 posts, read 60,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscalepat View Post
Hey dropping back onto this forum with some questions. So I recently switch jobs from my currently employer to the LIRR which is under the MTA. Would I get a municipal preference if I were to be called for an interview? Also has anyone with log #s in the high 60ks get called yet with a CB preference? I'm getting anxious now , I might superpass my income limit once I'm done with training at my new job by the end of year and would fall into the more expensive upper middle rent guidelines if I were to be called later on.

Congrats on the new job - however, MTA is a state agency and I doubt that will qualify you for municipal preference. But if I am wrong about that, I am not sure about your question. I also got a new job, with the city, in the time between submitting my application and getting called in for an interview. I flagged this to MHANY at the interview but they didn't say anything about it changing my preference status.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:50 PM

33 posts, read 73,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaha View Post
Congrats on the new job - however, MTA is a state agency and I doubt that will qualify you for municipal preference. But if I am wrong about that, I am not sure about your question. I also got a new job, with the city, in the time between submitting my application and getting called in for an interview. I flagged this to MHANY at the interview but they didn't say anything about it changing my preference status.
Ok great thanks for the info phaha!

Old 09-27-2016, 05:33 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,857,841 times
thanks for all the really REALLY nice replies to my little dilemma. means a lot, even on an anonymous message board like this.

Re: my dog and the dog walking.. Well, honestly, I used to have a dog that I would walk before I left in the morning for work and when I came home around 6pm and it was fine. I moved into a two bedroom years ago and have a roommate who has always had dogs and he insists on having a dog walker, and I can't have a dog walker just walk his and not mine? So we split the bill and it's been natural. This is my second dog here, his as well since i've lived here. If anything, I can use my lunch hour to take the express train to let the dog out for a leak and then head back to work, which wouldn't be much more than an hour. I never even considered that until your reply.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:01 PM

272 posts, read 534,519 times
I recently got an e-mail for this lottery to arrange an interview. I'm waiting on another lottery where I'm further along. My log # is about 3x,xxx but I'm in a preference group. I looked at the layouts for this building yesterday. I like the washer/dryer in the unit. I'm glad they actually give dimensions of the rooms in the floor plans. I wish other properties would follow suit. Not sure if I like living on top of the Barclay Center. So I'm debating on going for it. I dread the application process and I'm a little over the income range (and I mean little).
I do feel blessed that I was contacted.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:27 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,857,841 times
quote:
Not sure if I like living on top of the Barclay Center.

It looks like the set of the Teletubbies (look it up) from those views. You will NOT not like it!!!!! GO FOR IT! I do wonder about the sound and stuff?! It does get rowdy there for concerts and sports stuff I think, but it's worth it for a nice apartment that is affordable. Or not. ?! I guess it depends on you preference. Hells, I would totally live in Times Square if it was cheap lol.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:58 AM

246 posts, read 485,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Dweller_007 View Post
I recently got an e-mail for this lottery to arrange an interview. I'm waiting on another lottery where I'm further along. My log # is about 3x,xxx but I'm in a preference group. I looked at the layouts for this building yesterday. I like the washer/dryer in the unit. I'm glad they actually give dimensions of the rooms in the floor plans. I wish other properties would follow suit. Not sure if I like living on top of the Barclay Center. So I'm debating on going for it. I dread the application process and I'm a little over the income range (and I mean little).
I do feel blessed that I was contacted.

I think you should go for it, but you know if you are over the income range by $2 they will reject you. these people are so strict they do not leave room for anyone to go over. which i think is very very unfair. but we have to play by their rules to win this lottery. SAD.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:41 AM

186 posts, read 264,236 times
Anybody know from experience if you receive rejection/approval letters via regular mail or email or both?

((waiting so patiently))

Old 09-28-2016, 09:49 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,567 times
It depends on the developer (marketing agent). More are beginning to use email to communicate with applicants, which makes this arduous process much easier. You could call and find out what they use. Just because you put email on your application as your preferred contact method, doesn't guarantee they won't contact you through the mail.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:58 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,567 times
If your previous contact with them was through email, that's what they'll likely use to accept or reject you. I can tell you that once all your documents are in, and they've accepted your money order for the credit check, no news is good news. It means so far, so good, but that things are at a standstill for reasons that have nothing to do with you. Rejections come quickly. If the marketing agent has a question about something in your file, you'll be called on the phone. Every marketing agent does things a bit differently. You might be called in to sign permissions to release your tax records, your bank statements, etc. Every move you make is verified. Some do this at the first interview, some do it later. It varies. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery