Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 12:50 PM

36 posts, read 60,444 times

Advertisements

website looks great! It has floorplans even

Old 09-22-2016, 12:50 PM

50 posts, read 79,662 times
OMG the website is amazing i went through every single detail lol i really hope all of us who havent heard anything get in because it truly is a blessing! do you guys think we'll hear through mail or email if approved?

Old 09-22-2016, 12:58 PM

246 posts, read 485,962 times
i went through everything as well. its so hard to not look at every detail of my new apartment. yes i said my new apartment

Old 09-22-2016, 01:04 PM

18 posts, read 25,919 times
Lol this is too unbearable and reading all of you guys comments just makes it worse

Old 09-22-2016, 01:05 PM

186 posts, read 264,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
i went through everything as well. its so hard to not look at every detail of my new apartment. yes i said my new apartment
I can't decide on what color rug I need.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:12 PM

50 posts, read 79,662 times
lol part of me doesnt want to be excited 100% but can u blame me lol

Old 09-22-2016, 01:14 PM

186 posts, read 264,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANEVICTORIA21 View Post
OMG the website is amazing i went through every single detail lol i really hope all of us who havent heard anything get in because it truly is a blessing! do you guys think we'll hear through mail or email if approved?
I was wondering about this too. It seems that just sending it through regular mail would be unreliable since you only have 10 days to appeal a rejection.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:41 PM

16 posts, read 23,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
Hello All, I know this thread started a while ago but we've been sharing feedback on the 461 dean log number thread that actually might make more sense shared here.

Anyways, wanted to update this thread with the move ind ate info we have been hearing from our interviews on 461 Dean Street.

As EARLY AS October and as late as DECEMBER 2016.
The building has to get occupancy permit/clearance and as they receive it, individuals can move in. The earliest they expect that to happen is October.

Hope that helps for anyone who did get pulled for an interview.

This does. I just noticed that the building has put up their official website. I had an interview in late august , my log number is 1800. Feeling hopeful but I've been obsessing non stop. What are the next steps?

Old 09-23-2016, 04:42 PM

16 posts, read 23,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillmurray View Post
I received a letter stating that I am ineligible due to income guidelines. It also states that I can appeal. My income has changed since the time of application, and puts me in the right area. I have a very low log number and also a preference. My question is, is there a unit being held for me while I go through the appeal process?
For 461 Dean? When was your interview? I had mine August 19th and haven't heard anything.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:54 AM

8 posts, read 12,593 times
I was called in for an interview, which I had yesterday, and now I'm much more nervous than I was after I'd initially put my name in the hat. I didn't anticipate getting called in, and therefore never gave any of this process a thought nor did I assemble what I'd need. I assumed it was highly unlikely so I was pleasantly surprised when I got asked to schedule an interview, and it's only now that it's over that I'm obsessing. Having a real shot at something and knowing that disappointment may be inevitable is the worst.

However, I am glad I did not delve into these forums beforehand. There doesn't seem to be any logical trajectory to this process. It's maddening to deliberate over what one needs to have or do or not do as if there is any rhyme or reason involved. I had all of the identification requirements covered and most of the things they ask for, but I did not have everything on the list. Had I read the earlier posts, I would have despaired and given up. My log number is high--I have CB status, but so do thousands of other people, and my income is very low. I have a daughter and I've lived in the neighborhood for 20 years. In fact, my first apartment was around the corner from Dean Street on Pacific, and was torn down to build Barclays Center. One of my friends owned the bar that used to be on the very corner that Dean Street now occupies, and he was one of the last hold outs to not negotiate with the developers. Who knew anything good might come of this? I'm hoping against hope that all of the times I've had to be displaced due to something like Barclays Center going up, or been booted out of yet another apartment so they can demolish it to build a luxury condo complex is karmically paying off, but that seems too good to be true.

The interview took a long time. It was scheduled for 3:30 but started closer to 4:00 and I didn't get out of there until 6 as I had to wait for a notary to sign a couple of documents. It took a while to go over everything. Mostly she just needed to look through each of my folders (id, birth certificates, ss cards etc). The lady said things look good. She also said that I should appeal if I was rejected and that it generally took a while to hear back from them. She indicated that no news was good news, meaning that hearing from them early generally meant a rejection. And then she told me that they are trying to start moving people in November. If that is the case- people aren't going to have to wait that long to hear anything. They'd need to find out fairly soon if they have to move a month later--we'd have to give our current landlord some notice.

Getting the landlord's letter was the biggest problem for me. It literally came through when I was in the meeting, and I had to leave to go pick it up and then bring it back. Talk about a nail biter! They wouldn't take my application until it was complete. There was no option to bring anything in later, it was now or never, and they refused to take anything if it was missing one major document.

I got a check list saying what I'd brought in called "A Consumer Report Authorization" and it goes over everything that I submitted to them. For things like a marriage certificate (I'm not married) there are "NA"s to indicate what I surmise is not applicable.
The bottom half of the form is perforated, and says: FOR OFFICE USE ONLY and I'm not sure why I have it if that is the case, but my signature is at the bottom of that with the intake rep's initials.

As I mentioned before, had I read any of these earlier posts, I would have probably had a lot more anxiety about this process than I did going into it blindly. However, now that there may be a slight possibility that it could work out, I'm making up for lost time and scouring every site I can find to get whatever information is available.

Last edited by boerumhillbilly; 09-25-2016 at 01:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery