Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 10:19 PM

126 posts, read 214,171 times

Advertisements

Its not another poor door, its just that the dormitory( students ) will have its own entrance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 09:01 AM

78 posts, read 168,718 times
received my log # 23,000 group, with municipal preference, hey you never know. Glad to see so many other developments in manhattan

Old 07-29-2016, 09:13 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,565,677 times
Judging from the renderings, the place is filled with ghosts! Who you gonna call?

Old 08-17-2016, 04:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,832 times
why do people always poo poo that it's only for the super poor. I am one of those I work approx 75 hours a week 50 of those as a volunteer in the school system, for which I get a stipend but it is not considered income so I don't qualify for many things so excuse me if I get excited when things do show up that I do qualify for. I am constantly looking for FT work but besides interviews nothing has panned out my income is on the very low end of the spectrum and most often what the lottery offers I am not eligible for because my income is too low. I resent that some how I didn't do the right thing, come on really, being poor does not signify that you are not a hard worker or a good person, sometimes it is just where you are in life at that moment and sometimes a little help is appreciated. I applied for regular apts but my income is too low I don't make 40X the rent and at 690 my CS is not enough so my choices are shelter, share or illegal room sublet, so what can I say but we try, make do and aspire to get out and move up so don't beat down some one because they are poor because unless you have a couple of million in this city you don't have a hell of a lot either. My funds may not be large but I am excited for all who get in , maybe that might be me one day but either way I will continue to live my life with purpose and grace.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:44 AM

444 posts, read 387,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillyzillas View Post
why do people always poo poo that it's only for the super poor. I am one of those I work approx 75 hours a week 50 of those as a volunteer in the school system, for which I get a stipend but it is not considered income so I don't qualify for many things so excuse me if I get excited when things do show up that I do qualify for. I am constantly looking for FT work but besides interviews nothing has panned out my income is on the very low end of the spectrum and most often what the lottery offers I am not eligible for because my income is too low. I resent that some how I didn't do the right thing, come on really, being poor does not signify that you are not a hard worker or a good person, sometimes it is just where you are in life at that moment and sometimes a little help is appreciated. I applied for regular apts but my income is too low I don't make 40X the rent and at 690 my CS is not enough so my choices are shelter, share or illegal room sublet, so what can I say but we try, make do and aspire to get out and move up so don't beat down some one because they are poor because unless you have a couple of million in this city you don't have a hell of a lot either. My funds may not be large but I am excited for all who get in , maybe that might be me one day but either way I will continue to live my life with purpose and grace.

Don't worry what people say or think...I used to get upset that the lotteries NEVER have buildings for my income bracket... You have a CS of 690. I would kill for that right now. It's a lot closer to the 700 I'm going for. While my job was screwing me over with a pay cut during the recession I worked hard, stayed put (cause I had no place to go) and got a raise and my pay back. My CS is maybe 650 last time I checked. Four years ago it was in the 500's. I can afford the 40x rent but my credit won't get me in the door. I'm in an income bracket never seen by lotteries. Yet I check each and every lottery I come across.

My point is someone usually has a disadvantage somewhere. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
Good luck to those who apply :-)

Old 08-17-2016, 06:38 AM

246 posts, read 485,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
Don't worry what people say or think...I used to get upset that the lotteries NEVER have buildings for my income bracket... You have a CS of 690. I would kill for that right now. It's a lot closer to the 700 I'm going for. While my job was screwing me over with a pay cut during the recession I worked hard, stayed put (cause I had no place to go) and got a raise and my pay back. My CS is maybe 650 last time I checked. Four years ago it was in the 500's. I can afford the 40x rent but my credit won't get me in the door. I'm in an income bracket never seen by lotteries. Yet I check each and every lottery I come across.

My point is someone usually has a disadvantage somewhere. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
Good luck to those who apply :-)

according to the attached on page 32 the minimum credit score they will take is 620 so your credit is good.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...G46j2g&cad=rja

Old 08-17-2016, 07:51 AM

444 posts, read 387,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
according to the attached on page 32 the minimum credit score they will take is 620 so your credit is good.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...G46j2g&cad=rja

THANK YOU, I had no idea. You just made my day :-)

Old 10-29-2016, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,531 times
Default Poor door

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Heard this is another "poor door" building ☹
Is it or is it not a poor door building? How can you find this out?

Old 10-29-2016, 10:35 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
It's upsetting that the incomes to qualify are so low. Why can't normal middle class people get an apartment like that? It's almost like we're being punished for living our lives the right way.
Because politicians can corner their vote with the right handouts.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:41 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zx6two6 View Post
Is it or is it not a poor door building? How can you find this out?
You can usually tell if there's a separate entrance for subsidized tenants by the marketing description. The only way it can be legal now is for it to be a separate building. There's currently a listing on Housing Connect for a development called 10 Freedom Place. It's clear from that description that the subsidized tenants will be segregated. If you're called for an interview, you can always just ask whether the subsidized tenants will be separated from the market rate tenants. If that bothers you, there's no need to go through the process.

Last edited by Moving415; 10-29-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery