Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 07:31 AM

76 posts, read 151,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey E. View Post
Just have all your paperwork that they request & Unfortunately, an applicant can be denied by HDC after being approved by management. There was a young lady on here who was approved by management, viewed the apt and then later was denied by HDC for over income.
Wow that's crazy I'm really just sitting here waiting for them to contact me. I'm so nervous I viewed my unit and all I'm praying to god they won't deny me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 08:26 AM

39 posts, read 39,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel89 View Post
Wow that's crazy I'm really just sitting here waiting for them to contact me. I'm so nervous I viewed my unit and all I'm praying to god they won't deny me
HDC rarely deny applicants but it can happen. That was the first time I've heard of anyone being denied after seeing a unit and being approved by management. But you will be fine.

This whole process can be uneasy. After signing my lease with Crossroads , I received a call a few days later stating that HDC wanted to pull my file back because the address on my paystubs/tax returns did not match the address on my lease given at my interview. Smh. Talk about Pissed! Management did not have a problem with it but HDC did. I explained that after moving out of my parents home, I did not change the address with my job which explains why my Pay stubs had a different address. Management understood that but HDC saw it as "inconsistency". I was then called back a few days later and was told that I could pick up my keys.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:38 AM

7 posts, read 6,293 times
So to everyone that recently posted for the first time I'll have you know that I had my interview in JANUARY. Log number less than 170. My application was just this week sent to HDC for processing. I have not been contacted to view a unit or anything. I was sent a 5 day notice and disregarded it due to my husband changing jobs. We were called and given more time to pull up the necessary documents. Again, my file was just sent to the HDC yesterday. My interview was Jan 6. She said it takes 5 business days from the date that it was sent to HDC but I'm not sure how true that is. How many of you guys were waiting for HDC replies for over a week?

Old 05-31-2017, 09:45 AM

7 posts, read 6,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey E. View Post
HDC rarely deny applicants but it can happen. That was the first time I've heard of anyone being denied after seeing a unit and being approved by management. But you will be fine.

This whole process can be uneasy. After signing my lease with Crossroads , I received a call a few days later stating that HDC wanted to pull my file back because the address on my paystubs/tax returns did not match the address on my lease given at my interview. Smh. Talk about Pissed! Management did not have a problem with it but HDC did. I explained that after moving out of my parents home, I did not change the address with my job which explains why my Pay stubs had a different address. Management understood that but HDC saw it as "inconsistency". I was then called back a few days later and was told that I could pick up my keys.
This gives me literally all the anxiety in the world, due to the change of jobs and my husband and I getting married there are literally a handful of inconsistencies. Name changes, notarized letters. So many changes.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:35 AM

76 posts, read 151,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyFamOf5 View Post
So to everyone that recently posted for the first time I'll have you know that I had my interview in JANUARY. Log number less than 170. My application was just this week sent to HDC for processing. I have not been contacted to view a unit or anything. I was sent a 5 day notice and disregarded it due to my husband changing jobs. We were called and given more time to pull up the necessary documents. Again, my file was just sent to the HDC yesterday. My interview was Jan 6. She said it takes 5 business days from the date that it was sent to HDC but I'm not sure how true that is. How many of you guys were waiting for HDC replies for over a week?
I'm now waiting for over a week for a response from HDC idk if it's the lady that I'm dealing with that's slowing the process up or what this is very annoying because I have a interview with Crossroads2 on friday

Old 05-31-2017, 10:58 AM

965 posts, read 1,114,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZina View Post
Has anyone heard anything from Brook Ave apartments?
I can't believe you are still waiting!!!
No phone calls, letters, emails? Nothing?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:32 AM

49 posts, read 52,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
I'm still waiting for them as well its been 6 months.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:04 PM

53 posts, read 55,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Nothing at all . It's ridiculous I know the building is filling up quickly and I had the baby already on April 28 at Harlem Hospital.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:12 PM

965 posts, read 1,114,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyq137 View Post
I'm still waiting for them as well its been 6 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZina View Post
Nothing at all . It's ridiculous I know the building is filling up quickly and I had the baby already on April 28 at Harlem Hospital.
I'm sorry to hear that, it shouldn't take that long. I'd call or email ASAP. As far as I can tell, there's not much left. It's pretty apparent that I'm not the only one in the building anymore. Haha. Every few days I'm seeing a moving truck, and new doormats in from of previously empty apartments.

Congratulations on the baby, by the way.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:11 PM

39 posts, read 39,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyFamOf5 View Post
I was told 5 to 10 business days as well. But I was approved by HDC exactly a month after my file was sent to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery