Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2017, 07:04 AM

47 posts, read 42,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey E. View Post
After getting approved by HDC, you will be called by management to sign your lease and you can then move in soon after.

The neighborhood is just okay. Totally different from Queens. The building is very close to the 6 train and shopping area. This area is the Bronx seems to be "up and coming" but not quite there yet. The building is nice and the tenants are nice as well. But most of the apts are still vacant, so I am only judging based on what's current.
Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to prepare myself for a big change in case I am approved. Do you anything regarding the schools? I've been trying to do some research online. I'm very nervous to I view the apartment not sure sure how many bedrooms they haven't said I pray it's a 3 bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 08:05 AM

This post is for those who are already moved in crossroads 2. What's the cable provider in the building? Do you pay water ,heat and gas ? Is there a laundry room as well ? Just wondering please and thank you for the info .

Old 06-11-2017, 01:50 PM

39 posts, read 39,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jylopez12 View Post
This post is for those who are already moved in crossroads 2. What's the cable provider in the building? Do you pay water ,heat and gas ? Is there a laundry room as well ? Just wondering please and thank you for the info .
You can either choose between Verizon FIOS or Optimum Cable. You do not pay for water , gas, or heat, as that is all incuded in the rent. You do however pay electric through Con Ed. There is a laundry room, community center, and parking lot (still being constructed).

As far as schools, the only good schools that I know of in the area is Success Academy Charter Schools. There are a few of them bus distance from the building.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:37 PM

9 posts, read 10,847 times
Quote:
Good afternoon all,
Today I received an email to view an apartment. I go Monday morning to view my splice is currently still in process with HDC. I'm very nervous because I currently live in queens and movingnto the Bronx is totally new. What are the steps if you get approved ? How's the building and neighbors and as well as the neighborhood?
When was your apartment interview?

Old 06-11-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBabies View Post
Ok. If they contact me I'll stop by and check out the surroundings and do some research. I don't hang out much around here, but I know that some places are crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeleyes1186 View Post
When was your apartment interview?
My apartment interview was on feb 15. Tomorrow I get to see the apartment I do believe it will be a 3 bedroom

Old 06-11-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey E. View Post
You can either choose between Verizon FIOS or Optimum Cable. You do not pay for water , gas, or heat, as that is all incuded in the rent. You do however pay electric through Con Ed. There is a laundry room, community center, and parking lot (still being constructed).

As far as schools, the only good schools that I know of in the area is Success Academy Charter Schools. There are a few of them bus distance from the building.
Thanks for info

Old 06-12-2017, 04:26 AM

9 posts, read 10,847 times
Quote:
My apartment interview was on feb 15. Tomorrow I get to see the apartment I do believe it will be a 3 bedroom
Congrats to you!!
Do you fall in the category of community, mobility, or city worker preference ?

Old 06-12-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeleyes1186 View Post
Congrats to you!!
Do you fall in the category of community, mobility, or city worker preference ?
I'm not sure 🤔

Old 06-12-2017, 03:32 PM

53 posts, read 55,473 times
So I emailed yuco management for Brook Ave. the emailed me back this

Hello,
Your application will likely be waitlisted as there are no more community board preference units available. You will be processed as part of the general applicant pool when your log number is reached.

What exactly are they stating ?

Old 06-12-2017, 03:49 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,893,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZina View Post
So I emailed yuco management for Brook Ave. the emailed me back this

Hello,
Your application will likely be waitlisted as there are no more community board preference units available. You will be processed as part of the general applicant pool when your log number is reached.

What exactly are they stating ?
They're saying you didn't get it. You gotta look for somethin else. The units they have available are for others outside of CB preference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery