Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 03:07 PM

93 posts, read 218,708 times

Advertisements

I'm still confused as to how one can calculate income two ways. The f*ck??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 04:12 PM

994 posts, read 1,058,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newforkcity View Post
I'm still confused as to how one can calculate income two ways. The f*ck??
So I'll just "adjust" my numbers a little to get me over the 120 AMI limit and apply. If I go in for an interview, fail to prove the extra couple hundred, they'll say, "hey, you cant just fudge the numbers" to which I'll respond, "why not? you do"

Old 08-17-2017, 08:19 AM

Exactly.

I still can't wrap my head around this. If a person makes, say, 40k a year and does not do overtime... how do they calculate income two ways? Do they just invent holidays or overtime or days off or what?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:25 AM

994 posts, read 1,058,052 times
Unless, maybe, they are giving value to paid holidays, pto, etc? so they add the money "paid" to me when Im not at work because on my paycheck that is a separate line item? because my salary + my vacation + national holidays = more than my actual salary?????

because so far as I know, 2080 hours is fifty TWO weeks at 40 hours a week, so the TWO weeks PTO is already in there in the case of salaried employees so adding the TWO weeks pay as extra is LITERALLY making up numbers

Old 08-17-2017, 08:34 AM

I read the guide on how income is calculated and I am still honestly confused.

They say to use your GROSS salary, then calculate an hourly wage and then multiply that to get your yearly salary. Fine.

Then they say that they take your weekly (or whatever block of time you're paid in) pay and multiply that to get your yearly salary. But by weekly do they mean gross or net? If it's net, it's obviously going to be a different number for everyone. How is that fair? Your salary is your salary, period.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:42 AM

59 posts, read 72,291 times
Sometimes they don't calculate your income at all. When I went for my ocean hill interview my last paystub shows i made more than the max due to overtime i did way early in the year. That over time didnt refect on the 6 pay stubs and i got denied cuz they have to take the highest number they saw. Even tho if you calculate the number didnt match and my w2 for thw year was within range. Its strange

Old 08-17-2017, 08:43 AM

Last pay stub for 2016*

Old 08-19-2017, 06:10 PM

31 posts, read 52,884 times
HI all,
So I just got an email to come in for an interview for this building and I am beyond confused. I have CB preference but my log number is 60,XXX. They also assigned me an interview date and time without giving me any heads up or options. My interview is on August 28 but I got my notice yesterday (August 18).

Any idea why any of this might have happened? I'm obviously psyched and grateful for the opp but this is on,y my 2nd lottery and I don't know if this is common or just strange.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly252 View Post
HI all,
So I just got an email to come in for an interview for this building and I am beyond confused. I have CB preference but my log number is 60,XXX. They also assigned me an interview date and time without giving me any heads up or options. My interview is on August 28 but I got my notice yesterday (August 18).

Any idea why any of this might have happened? I'm obviously psyched and grateful for the opp but this is on,y my 2nd lottery and I don't know if this is common or just strange.
They assigned my date and time too. I think each development is different in how they arrange interviews because for a different lottery i had to email them with a date and time. Good luck!

Old 08-19-2017, 09:54 PM

31 posts, read 52,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazydaisy1 View Post
They assigned my date and time too. I think each development is different in how they arrange interviews because for a different lottery i had to email them with a date and time. Good luck!
Yeah and I can't make the interview time because I'll be out of town. I emailed them back and thanked them and informed them I was unable to make that timeslot and if there was any way to reschedule. Hope that doesn't screw up my chances.

I'm still just flabbergasted I got called with a 60K log number. It's the highest log number on my application list so I just wrote it off as a bit fat nope. This whole process is just confusing AF. Just when I think I understand it, it's like the rules of the game completely change. I'm fortunate and grateful that it worked in my favor of course but I truly haven't any clue what or how these things are decided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery