Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 07:48 PM

133 posts, read 180,240 times

Advertisements

Smh so I went to the interview I was denied due to income/ household size.. but I was a little upset due to the error.. my interviewer asked some questions. He took my paystubs and went to another room calculated some numbers Nd came back. So he ask how much do u think u make a year and I said about 29000 so he said I make 30900 so I said how did u get the numbers so he handed me the calculated Nd told me to add some numbers I came up with 30187 so I asked why did I get a different number he said the calculator sometimes mess up I was like �� I said Email me my appeal letter I’m going to appeal. He said ok u will see me again i said to myself you are not suppose review my file once you deny me.. I would like to know can I add my bf to my app even tho he is not originally on it but him Nd his daughter are currently residing with me he has full custody Nd he does not have income at the moment what are my chances ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 08:38 PM

160 posts, read 278,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenken93 View Post
Smh so I went to the interview I was denied due to income/ household size.. but I was a little upset due to the error.. my interviewer asked some questions. He took my paystubs and went to another room calculated some numbers Nd came back. So he ask how much do u think u make a year and I said about 29000 so he said I make 30900 so I said how did u get the numbers so he handed me the calculated Nd told me to add some numbers I came up with 30187 so I asked why did I get a different number he said the calculator sometimes mess up I was like �� I said Email me my appeal letter I’m going to appeal. He said ok u will see me again i said to myself you are not suppose review my file once you deny me.. I would like to know can I add my bf to my app even tho he is not originally on it but him Nd his daughter are currently residing with me he has full custody Nd he does not have income at the moment what are my chances ?

That sucks. This is what the guidelines say about household change. Hope it helps.

In the case that an applicant appeals citing a change in household composition that occurred after the eligibility appointment, the Marketing Agent must only reconsider the application if such change is due to an extenuating circumstance.
i. Extenuating circumstances in this case may include but are not limited to:
Death of a member of the household Birth in the household
Separation or divorce
Court order of custody
Domestic violence

Old 08-31-2018, 10:02 AM

15 posts, read 18,055 times
GOOD MORNING,

would like to share my experience with this lottery process,

i have had 3 interviews so far, i was approved for one in the Bronx and right before viewing the apartment and signing the lease i decided the location was not right for my children and i due to work and school.

i didn't make it to the second interview for Alvista towers due to scheduling issues and will be meeting with a leasing agent next week for Archer Merrick in queens.

i also have an interview scheduled for 33 Bond street next month as well.
i have M.E. preference

Old 09-06-2018, 12:56 AM

28 posts, read 26,807 times
So far I attended my interview August 17th and yesterday my current apartment management notified me that bond street apartment requested landlord verification forms not sure what that means but hopefully good

Old 09-06-2018, 09:12 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,605,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
ugh. absolute zilch for middle income AGAIN.
Would it have hurt anyone to maybe split those FIFTY TWO one bedrooms amongst other low and moderate income bands!?
I feel the same way about the Empire State scholarships. My wife and I earn about 91 and 97 k respectively and our daughter wont qualify for nada, while we pay the taxes for the other kids. You know lots of married people are not going to report honestly too.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:47 AM

133 posts, read 180,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by besosjagger View Post
So far I attended my interview August 17th and yesterday my current apartment management notified me that bond street apartment requested landlord verification forms not sure what that means but hopefully good
I was denied due to income but I’m appealing waiting for them to respond

Old 09-08-2018, 08:24 AM

34,135 posts, read 47,370,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I feel the same way about the Empire State scholarships. My wife and I earn about 91 and 97 k respectively and our daughter wont qualify for nada, while we pay the taxes for the other kids. You know lots of married people are not going to report honestly too.
How could you not report honestly being married?

what are ppl gonna do, not file a W2?

Maybe more ppl will file separate if anything.

Or just not get married.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-08-2018, 05:09 PM

Good luck Ken with your appeal process sending positive vibes you’re way.

Old 09-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenken93 View Post
I was denied due to income but I’m appealing waiting for them to respond
What did they state it was too high or low?

Old 09-08-2018, 07:47 PM

116 posts, read 79,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
To be fair, at almost $200K a year you can afford CUNY schools w/o financial aid. It’s not like they cost what private schools do. You pay your share of the taxes the same way you pay other school taxes, because it will benefit you to be surrounded by educated adults and live in a country populated by educated adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery