Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 08:07 PM

31,939 posts, read 27,038,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franksobotka View Post
To be fair, at almost $200K a year you can afford CUNY schools w/o financial aid. It’s not like they cost what private schools do. You pay your share of the taxes the same way you pay other school taxes, because it will benefit you to be surrounded by educated adults and live in a country populated by educated adults.

Typical take from those who earn and give to those that do not response.

Somehow someone's money is always spent better by the government and they are told to be thankful for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 10:01 PM

116 posts, read 78,828 times
Why do people who “earn” think they are the only ones who give anything meaningful to society? Or that they don’t also take?
The government is not some faceless force given power by God. It was created as an arm of the people, collectively. This is not some nebulous entity stealing your money, but a contribution made as part of a social contract which guarantees or should guarantee that the people getting the education will work and contribute in their time to help fund things that go around and help you too. Not to mention to contributions people make outside of the realm of generating cash.

Don’t like it? Go live on a mountain and don’t use roads or water or electricity from the grid, I guess, but also don’t purchase goods, and maybe mail a check in now and then to help cover the costs for the EPA and parks services who make sure your mountain isn’t turned into some developer’s wet dream of a vacation spot or leveled out by mining corporations....

Old 09-09-2018, 08:42 PM

133 posts, read 180,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by besosjagger View Post
What did they state it was too high or low?
Yes about 1500 over

Old 09-10-2018, 04:50 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,615,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franksobotka View Post
Why do people who “earn” think they are the only ones who give anything meaningful to society? Or that they don’t also take?
Some elitist once told said there are two kinds of people.

A) People who create, facilitate the financing of, or own intellectual property.
B) People who live to serve the A group in some way, shape, or form.

The "A" group generally considers themselves the ones providing meaningful input to society. Everyone else is the worker bee living to serve them. Still, some worker bees can be highly compensated for in demand skills like nurse practitioners or code writers. At the end of the day that highly paid worker bee is still a worker drone.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:10 AM

994 posts, read 1,058,115 times
Did anyone ever post some studio pics? Are the apartments nice?

Old 11-06-2018, 01:34 PM

4 posts, read 2,714 times
Any one can share their interview process for 33 Bond. How long did it take? Is the kitchen and living room in one? Are the affordable apartments all on same floor?

Old 11-09-2018, 08:22 PM

28 posts, read 26,790 times
So I finally received some type of update well not really, my interview was in August of this year. I got an email per say Good Afternoon : Management reviewed your file and notice you filed for self-employment in 2016 and would like to know your current status regarding self-employment. Attached is a self – employment affidavit please complete and mailed back document to me. I will also need updated bank statements July- Aug, Aug- Sept & Sept to Oct. Even doe is more documents I’m glad they still have my file, however I’m not employed I got laid off last month so not sure what to say to them ����*♀️

Old 11-12-2018, 10:47 AM

994 posts, read 1,058,115 times
Well, that sucks about getting laid off - but if you still are in the range with unemployment, then you are fine.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:45 AM

14 posts, read 21,583 times
Just got an email for an interview. I have disability preference. Can anyone tell me about the process?

Old 11-21-2018, 10:11 AM

28 posts, read 26,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmpark View Post
Just got an email for an interview. I have disability preference. Can anyone tell me about the process?
The interview process is ongoing they request every document you can think of and takes forever to verify, my interview was in August and they are still requesting updated bank statements, inbox me for more personal details
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery