Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 10:11 PM

25 posts, read 43,343 times

Advertisements

Hey evjackson! I hope that you decide to join us at VV, I think it's a great opportunity- and in the end the community will be what we all make of it. I hope we can take all of the excitement of people like the ones who have posted on this forum and channel it into making VV a wonderful place to live . Here are my answers to your questions, as I understand it. I may not be right on all points though, so I invite anyone to contribute/correct me

1. Public spaces are open to residents only. Roof decks are gated, and you must have a key for entry.
2. Co-op has a no sublet policy outlined in the offering plan.
3. Small pets are allowed.
4. Resale is to people, not the co-op. Until the gov't subsidies end (in 30 yrs), any purchasers will have to meet the income guidelines (which of course will be adjusted for inflation as the years go by). You can try to sell it for any price that you want- but as the purchaser will have to meet the income guidelines you probably can't ask for too high of a price.

I hope this helps! Good luck this weekend!!!

And renters- you've all been there for almost a week now, right?? How is it?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 07:49 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,381,509 times
Theoretically...if the person has a large downpayment, you can get a high sale price and still meet the income guidelines...so there is still alot of upside potential. That is basically what is happening with alot of the 2 and 3 family homes purchased that the city built over the last 10 years or so. The income restrictions were about $75K (for example) with a sale price of $400,000, however they had to have on hand about $50,000-$65,000 depending on sale price (to include downpayment, closing costs, + cushion, etc)....that's alot of money for that income level but people have been buying!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 AM

9 posts, read 10,596 times
@NYCsinger and @SobroGuy thanks for answers.

@NYCsinger I wanted to know if the were physically open, not open to the public. It is good to know that the open areas aren't open to the public though, that sounds like a really bad idea!

Old 06-03-2012, 04:01 PM

18 posts, read 31,981 times
@NYCsinger.... yeah I been living here for a week now. So far it is good. Once I unpacked all the boxes I had then set up my apartment. I realized the rooms where a little bigger than what I thought when first got to see the apartment at the orientation. Parking here is good (so far till everybody is in the building lol), don't see no problems with that. The security is nice, and the maintenance is very very good. I had threw out some boxes I had in my apartment from the move, I went to put some more later on, no more than 30 mins, the previous boxes I had left was already gone. I thought it might be there all day (like at my old building where I used to live). But to some it up, it is beautiful and I am happy to live at VV.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM

15 posts, read 21,630 times
I've been living in my apartment for 2 weeks already. I love it and I'm with you Nicobx, the rooms are a little bigger than I thought when first viewing the apartment. I luv it!

Old 06-06-2012, 03:04 PM

109 posts, read 205,830 times
Thats great NicoBX and Missladyriverbx. Glad to know about the space because I was actually worried about how I am going to fit a queen size bed in the bedroom lol it looks tiny when you stand in it without furniture.

Best wishes and we shall be seeing each other soon, neighbors! :-)

Old 06-06-2012, 03:07 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
The Via Verde is a great project. The Bronx needs more of these type of developments.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:43 PM

140 posts, read 395,664 times
My father did an incredible job of furnishing my entire apartment to my liking so I'm finally settling in.. Still haven't had the privilege of viewing the rooftop gardens. It's locked by the time I get home from work; but the project manager said that will all change once I get my card. My boys are already making friends with the small amount of kids I see around here and are loving it! Only annoyance is washing my windows every other day.. Never noticed I am a quite the neat freak!

Rooms are much larger than I thought. Gave my boys the larger of the teo rooms and it fits their twin trundle bef, two night stands, long and tall dresser. I have a queen size bed, night stand and tall dresser in my room.

Can someone tell me how to post pics?
Thanks!

Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 PM

140 posts, read 395,664 times
Sorry for misspellings.. Silly phone.. smh

Old 06-07-2012, 03:13 PM

25 posts, read 43,343 times
Congrats to those who have moved in- I'm so glad to hear that you all love it so far! I can't wait to join you @evjackson- what did you think after your visit over the weekend? @lcouncil- I wish I knew how to upload pics so I could tell you, as I would love to see some of your photos! Have any of the co-op buyers heard anything about when closings might start? I've been trying to get info, but no such luck. I am starting to lose hope of moving in before the end of June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery