Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 11:48 AM

23 posts, read 22,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedwitchildren View Post
Now that you say that. I did get some forms mailed to me and they had asked me to SIGN, NOT DATE. That was in May. So i guess the process is almost complete for me. But i still have to wait because they are waiting for units to become available. Once they are i will be contacted again, i guess for the apartment viewing.

I just hope these 4 applicants ahead of me move fast. Im so anxious!!!!
Omg. Thats awesome!! you'll get it - just be positive. In my case, the building is ready and some tenants moved in already so, its a waiting game for me. I would like to know how many people are ahead of me haha. my developer asked to do the same thing too. Im just curious about why for some people the process is longer than others...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 12:02 PM

172 posts, read 151,115 times
Default Awesome!

Quote:
Now that you say that. I did get some forms mailed to me and they had asked me to SIGN, NOT DATE. That was in May. So i guess the process is almost complete for me. But i still have to wait because they are waiting for units to become available. Once they are i will be contacted again, i guess for the apartment viewing.

I just hope these 4 applicants ahead of me move fast. Im so anxious!!!!

It's a long wait unfortunately. Today makes it 3 weeks since i've signed those forms. I'll wait until I contact them next week to see if those forms have been sent over.

I'm hoping to hear a response by the end of the month or until early August.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:09 PM

78 posts, read 72,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AffordableHousing30 View Post
Omg. Thats awesome!! you'll get it - just be positive. In my case, the building is ready and some tenants moved in already so, its a waiting game for me. I would like to know how many people are ahead of me haha. my developer asked to do the same thing too. Im just curious about why for some people the process is longer than others...
I think its because some people don't come prepared and therefore delay the process. So if they have a lower log number then you it will delay your application because they do applicants in order of their log number.

In my case. I cant afford to wait much longer because i have section 8 and my transfer voucher expires on August 12th!!! I don't think they will give me an extension because i had already asked for one.

I'm just praying they contact me before the month is over.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:32 PM

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for the late response. I've been studying a lot lately (Final's Week). Anyway, just wanted to give you and update about my application. They recently did the background check cause I saw it on my credit report as a hard inquiry (That was on Wednesday). So, today is Friday, I'm assuming she has my application ready and maybe she sent it today or maybe she will do it this Monday. I hope I can get it. Hopefully the city won't take that long to approve it. How are you guys doing? any updates with your process? - Thank you!

Old 07-12-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
It's a long wait unfortunately. Today makes it 3 weeks since i've signed those forms. I'll wait until I contact them next week to see if those forms have been sent over.

I'm hoping to hear a response by the end of the month or until early August.

Same Here. I was like estimating the time. and, if everything goes well then maybe ill hear something by the end of this month or early august. *Finger crossed* haha

Old 07-12-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I think its because some people don't come prepared and therefore delay the process. So if they have a lower log number then you it will delay your application because they do applicants in order of their log number.

In my case. I cant afford to wait much longer because i have section 8 and my transfer voucher expires on August 12th!!! I don't think they will give me an extension because i had already asked for one.

I'm just praying they contact me before the month is over.

Ohhhh got it. Thank you for the clarification. Hopefully we will hear something soon. I have a low log number with CB Preference.. so let's see!

Old 07-24-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffordableHousing30 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm sorry for the late response. I've been studying a lot lately (Final's Week). Anyway, just wanted to give you and update about my application. They recently did the background check cause I saw it on my credit report as a hard inquiry (That was on Wednesday). So, today is Friday, I'm assuming she has my application ready and maybe she sent it today or maybe she will do it this Monday. I hope I can get it. Hopefully the city won't take that long to approve it. How are you guys doing? any updates with your process? - Thank you!
Only update I received is when i called my agent on 7/15. He seemed to be annoyed because he found out that i contacted HPD. I had called HPD to see if my file was sent to them and explained my situation and the guy at HPD said he was going to send an email to the management office. I guess he kept his word. LOL.
Anyway... when i called my agent he said "the same thing i told you is what HPD will tell you". But this time, he now told me that they are 2 applicants ahead of me and that as soon as he gets available units he will contact me and have me submit more pay stubs and bank statements.

Its now a week later after i spoke to my agent and i already wanna call to check for updates.
BUT, im not! Ima try to hold out until next week. lol

Old 07-24-2019, 01:00 PM

Forgot to mention... i still have not seen any inquiry on my credit report. I guess they will do it once they send my file to HPD?

Old 07-24-2019, 03:13 PM

172 posts, read 151,115 times
Quote:
Forgot to mention... i still have not seen any inquiry on my credit report. I guess they will do it once they send my file to HPD?
yes they should complete background and credit check before they send the files to HPD

Old 07-25-2019, 07:51 AM

318 posts, read 280,575 times
Quote:
The management company will run your credit before sending your file to HPD. They only run your credit if it’s apartment available for you. So basically if the management company runs your credit you are definitely getting apartment according to handbook for affordable housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: