Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2022, 09:45 AM

18 posts, read 19,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconj View Post
Thanks, my number was 13XX. I did have to put in for an appeal though because they never received all my documents the first time. But I hounded them every week until I heard back yesterday. My only concern about moving here now is my dog. I know there is a lot of doggy daycares in the area but most of them don't open until 8 am and I work in the city as an RN and my shift begins at 7:30am so those places wont work for me. I am not trying to spend extra for pick up and drop off either. Hoping if I get it I meet a nice few people in the building who wouldn't mind switching off days with me to watch/walk their doggies while the other is at work
We should connect when you move in! I have a dog, too, and have to work in the city twice a week. Maybe we can take turns taking our dogs out?

Also, congrats on almost getting to the finish line of getting the apartment. I chose the R floorplan. You do have to choose one floorplan before you go on the tour and it'll be the only apartment you see. They will also give you a tour of all the amenities. Also, Sven confirmed that ALL utilities (electric, gas, water) are included in the rent which is a plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 3,440 times
estee and zee, sounds good! My sister does dog watching with one of her neighbors who also has a dog and they switch off and I was like, wow! Think of how much money I can save if I did that!

Old 07-12-2022, 02:46 PM

63 posts, read 65,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEJoeod View Post
Does anybody have any experience with closed bank accounts? Is there specific documentation that they want to see as I am unable to pull statements for them (given those accounts are closed).
I went to the old bank in person (in my case Chase) and they printed out my last bank statement showing a $0 balance that matched the date of the deposit on the new account. This was good enough for Sven!

Old 07-12-2022, 02:54 PM

63 posts, read 65,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEJoeod View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how long did they give you to cancel your current lease and then figure out movers / the move-in date?
I was on a month to month before this and was on good terms with that landlord, so I gave them one month's notice and asked for flexibility if something fell through. Timing ended up working best for a July 1 move in. But they didn't send me my lease until two weeks before so that was quite stressful! They posed it as: I could move in as early as July 1st. So I imagine there would have been some flexibility if I needed it!

Old 07-12-2022, 05:10 PM

248 posts, read 402,908 times
Re: dog walkers - I do not currently have a dog, but I live in Sunnyside right on Queens Blvd and there are at least 2 different dog walkers that come to my bldg between 6:30 and 7:00 AM every morning. In a building the size of Sven, I'm certain you will have options whether neighbors or established professional walkers in the immediate area.

Old 07-14-2022, 01:46 AM

14 posts, read 16,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amp27 View Post
Wow, that doesn’t sound fair, especially when they had you waiting for so long… is your case worker name start with an N?

Also, I would appeal again, you got this!

Yeah. N.
I can't even appeal at this point. I have to submit a complaint if I feel like my rejection was in error.
I don't know of anyone having to submit a complaint. So stressful. I qualify and I have consistently gotten stonewalled. Sigh.. going to submit a complaint but I really hate having to feel like I have to defend my case when I actually qualify.

Old 07-14-2022, 07:55 AM

175 posts, read 177,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khansolo View Post
Yeah. N.
I can't even appeal at this point. I have to submit a complaint if I feel like my rejection was in error.
I don't know of anyone having to submit a complaint. So stressful. I qualify and I have consistently gotten stonewalled. Sigh.. going to submit a complaint but I really hate having to feel like I have to defend my case when I actually qualify.
Oh wow!! I’m sorry they are putting you through this, seems so unfair they rejected you for something like that. I hope you have success with the complaint, I’m not familiar with that process but fingers crossed you’re able to get through. Let us know how it goes if you can.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:40 AM

800 posts, read 731,005 times
Does anyone if they started calling log #s past 2k?

Old 07-17-2022, 08:49 AM

5 posts, read 4,189 times
I submit my documents on 7/3. Log#23xx. My bets are signing a lease in Fall.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:16 AM

800 posts, read 731,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingdave View Post
I submit my documents on 7/3. Log#23xx. My bets are signing a lease in Fall.
Not bad, thanks for the update!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery