Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2022, 10:11 AM

229 posts, read 242,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp27 View Post
They do offer E but at the higher price point (not at $2345) so that’s why I took Q (was the better layout for $2345)
Layout E view is of the tracks lol but when I was looking at the 3D tour you kinda get a tiny view of the city in the corner, I would have still took that layout it seems more spacious which is probably why it’s listed at the higher price.
WoW, i think the higher price is $2700. That’s very expensive. I really thought that layout has a view of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 04:33 PM

248 posts, read 405,454 times
I just submitted my second round of docs (22 pdfs, over 10MB), via email since they didn't open up a slot on HC for me to submit them there.

I hope they actually read the memo I wrote since it cross-references the exact paragraphs from the IRS website that explain my filing situation (full-time regular employee, but employer not required to withhold so I have to file as self-employed.) Otherwise they'll just deny me since I didn't/can't provide W2s or 1099s or any of the deductions and receipts self-employed people claim. Sigh sigh sigh.

I had to get my bestie to email me saying "I Zelle'd AnxietyBiscuits $50 because we split dinner" and the first time in my entire life that my sister gives me so much as a dollar had to be the week I was doing this housing stuff so I have to explain a $500 Venmo deposit. This whole process is so soul-crushing!

If anyone is interested in the list, here is a screenshot of the files with some things obscured for privacy.https://imgur.com/a/qHJvpXI

Old 07-27-2022, 04:36 PM

453 posts, read 502,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyBiscuits View Post
I just submitted my second round of docs (22 pdfs, over 10MB), via email since they didn't open up a slot on HC for me to submit them there.

I hope they actually read the memo I wrote since it cross-references the exact paragraphs from the IRS website that explain my filing situation (full-time regular employee, but employer not required to withhold so I have to file as self-employed.) Otherwise they'll just deny me since I didn't/can't provide W2s or 1099s or any of the deductions and receipts self-employed people claim. Sigh sigh sigh.

I had to get my bestie to email me saying "I Zelle'd AnxietyBiscuits $50 because we split dinner" and the first time in my entire life that my sister gives me so much as a dollar had to be the week I was doing this housing stuff so I have to explain a $500 Venmo deposit. This whole process is so soul-crushing!

If anyone is interested in the list, here is a screenshot of the files with some things obscured for privacy.https://imgur.com/a/qHJvpXI
Good luck. If they deny you there's basically no way back as far as I can tell. They will then reject your appeal without looking at any new docs you send, and then HPD will reject your complaint without ever reading your explanation or looking at your additional documents. Bunch of incompetent and lazy fools at both.

Old 07-27-2022, 04:44 PM

If I get rejected, I'm going to my city councilperson and my congressperson. I pride myself on never being a Karen because I would rather die than end up on someone's TikTok being an a-hole to another human being, but I will speak to EVERYONE'S manager and they will never hear the end of it.

5pointz approved me a year ago and they didn't ask for half as much paperwork as SVEN.

I love my work, but it's really inconvenient when it comes to these situations because people just can't conceive of there being other tax documents besides W2 and 1099.

Old 07-27-2022, 04:49 PM

453 posts, read 502,801 times
Quote:
If I get rejected, I'm going to my city councilperson and my congressperson. I pride myself on never being a Karen because I would rather die than end up on someone's TikTok being an a-hole to another human being, but I will speak to EVERYONE'S manager and they will never hear the end of it.

5pointz approved me a year ago and they didn't ask for half as much paperwork as SVEN.

I love my work, but it's really inconvenient when it comes to these situations because people just can't conceive of there being other tax documents besides W2 and 1099.
I'm considering doing that! But I haven't decided yet. I'm just so pissed off with the whole process to be honest. Trying to focus on all the things I was less keen on about the building, lol.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:24 PM

800 posts, read 737,858 times
Quote:

Unrelated to the lottery but what do you mean your employer is not required to withhold? Employers get penalized if they under withhold from employees so they tend not to go that route.

Besides paystubs you don’t get anything at the end of the year showing your gross wages?

Old 07-28-2022, 02:29 PM

27 posts, read 25,657 times
Log #33xx. They just asked me to submit docs.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:35 PM

29 posts, read 30,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nectorcollectah View Post
Log #33xx. They just asked me to submit docs.
Don’t get to excited they are moving sloooooooowwwww

Question for those that have moved in. Once your approved do you have to submit more stuff at leases signing ?

Old 07-28-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee619 View Post
Unrelated to the lottery but what do you mean your employer is not required to withhold? Employers get penalized if they under withhold from employees so they tend not to go that route.

Besides paystubs you don’t get anything at the end of the year showing your gross wages?
Yes, I get a "2021 Statement of Income for US Income Tax Purposes" which is a sheet of paper on my employer's letterhead which I file with my taxes every year without issue. My employer is not required by the IRS to withhold, there are special sections of IRS code pertaining specifically to this type of employer, and they are not penalized under any circumstances. There are a few thousand of us who fall into this same category in the United States, mostly in New York City and Washington DC.

There's only ever a problem when it comes to things like housing applications where people have never heard of this type of filing status. Most CPAs aren't even familiar with it, but enough are in NYC that we manage to get our taxes filed correctly.

Old 07-28-2022, 03:31 PM

800 posts, read 737,858 times
Quote:
Yes, I get a "2021 Statement of Income for US Income Tax Purposes" which is a sheet of paper on my employer's letterhead which I file with my taxes every year without issue. My employer is not required by the IRS to withhold, there are special sections of IRS code pertaining specifically to this type of employer, and they are not penalized under any circumstances. There are a few thousand of us who fall into this same category in the United States, mostly in New York City and Washington DC.

There's only ever a problem when it comes to things like housing applications where people have never heard of this type of filing status. Most CPAs aren't even familiar with it, but enough are in NYC that we manage to get our taxes filed correctly.
Oh wow interesting. I’ve also never heard of this. Hope it works out for you! Keep us updated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery