Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 08:14 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times

Advertisements

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...ces/MLLIST.pdf

The above says 652 units (all types) in 1779 Second Avenue New York, NY 10028
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 11:05 AM

87 posts, read 119,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...ces/MLLIST.pdf

The above says 652 units (all types) in 1779 Second Avenue New York, NY 10028
Yes, that's why I called and asked. I was curious how many of those units were studios. Maybe if you call, you'll get a more encouraging answer, but I don't think so.

You take a look at the studio layout here: https://www.ruppertyorkvilletowers.net/apartments/

Ruppert Yorkville Towers used to be part of the Ruppert Housing Mitchell Lama but in 2003, the two buildings (four towers) went private. The only studios are the B and E lines. I've been told that all the Ruppert Housing studios are at 222 E. 93rd street.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:45 AM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaNow View Post
Yes, that's why I called and asked. I was curious how many of those units were studios. Maybe if you call, you'll get a more encouraging answer, but I don't think so.

You take a look at the studio layout here: https://www.ruppertyorkvilletowers.net/apartments/

Ruppert Yorkville Towers used to be part of the Ruppert Housing Mitchell Lama but in 2003, the two buildings (four towers) went private. The only studios are the B and E lines. I've been told that all the Ruppert Housing studios are at 222 E. 93rd street.
Yes, I would like to see a confirmation that the 652 units number I has not been reduced over time due changes in building status for the address listed on 2nd Av for the lottery.

Old 08-09-2022, 12:03 PM

5 posts, read 10,020 times
I called yesterday(8-8-22). The person i spoke with said they haven’t exhausted the old waiting list yet. Sigh. My log number is 1X, so i’m really hoping for a win with this. Having housing security is such a blessing. Good luck to all.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:08 PM

9 posts, read 10,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcamillion07 View Post
I called yesterday(8-8-22). The person i spoke with said they haven’t exhausted the old waiting list yet. Sigh. My log number is 1X, so i’m really hoping for a win with this. Having housing security is such a blessing. Good luck to all.
I’m in the same boat kinda depressing they’re still on the old list but hopefully it moves faster

Old 08-13-2022, 03:51 AM

8 posts, read 12,103 times
I received my application 4 weeks ago and sent the $75 money order. Does anyone know what the process is after you send them the application?

Old 08-13-2022, 12:37 PM

87 posts, read 119,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlswirl View Post
I received my application 4 weeks ago and sent the $75 money order. Does anyone know what the process is after you send them the application?
We wait. I think it's pretty common for the management office to say that they're still working on the old list to discourage people from calling for awhile. It takes about a month to get the new list in order. If you call in a month or so and a nice person in the office answers the phone, they may ask for your log number and then tell you how many people are really in front of you. For another ML, I had log#14x, but when I called to see how many people had returned their applications with the check/money order, I was told that there were only 74 people ahead of me (that was in 2014 and they still haven't reached my number). They bring veterans to the front of the line so the actual list might not get started for a few years. I got on another waiting list in 2017 and they're still working on processing veterans (five years later).

Old 08-14-2022, 02:51 PM

290 posts, read 274,434 times
Mitchell Lama apartments are such prizes that people are willing to wait a long time for an apartment. Patience can be rewarded though

Old 08-22-2022, 05:52 PM

5 posts, read 4,969 times
I called on Friday and they said they were in the process of gathering the money orders sent and organizing the applications that got back before the deadline. Anybody got any more info?

Old 08-23-2022, 01:09 PM

5 posts, read 10,020 times
Can someone post the original ad with the AMI’s/income info? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery