Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 09:34 AM

9 posts, read 10,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioSearcher23 View Post
Hey everyone, I just called the office. They told me they’re still working on the old list. The lady asked for my number which is below 60 and she said I’m a couple of years from being called. I got my letter last July for a studio, and sent my check a few day later. Now’s the waiting game.
Hopefully that means I’m only a year away since I got a number under 10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 01:44 PM

3 posts, read 1,772 times
I’ve visited the building and neighborhood, it’s a nice area with not a long walk to Central Park.

Old 05-03-2023, 02:01 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioSearcher23 View Post
I’ve visited the building and neighborhood, it’s a nice area with not a long walk to Central Park.
First, apologies, I confuse Ruppert and Rosalie Manning. The two Mitchell- Lamas are very near each other between 2nd and 3rd Aves., and have names starting with ‘R’. If you read my posts, they kind of apply to each place even if I have confused them.

If you walk in the other direction there is Carl Schurz Park with Gracie Mansion. Very nice and overlooking the East River, between 84th St and 90th St.

Good luck and good patience.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:17 AM

282 posts, read 279,069 times
How do you call their management? I am changing my address and dont want to lose my access. Also does anyone know if they started with our log or not?

Old 05-04-2023, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
How do you call their management? I am changing my address and dont want to lose my access. Also does anyone know if they started with our log or not?
Your Post is #54. Post #50 from yesterday wrote, ‘ They told me they’re still working on the old list.’

You should certainly update your address when it changes at Mitchell Lama Connect. Also, signup for Mail Forwarding at a US Post Office or online.

I suggest you do a Google search on “Ruppert Housing” to locate the management office contact info.

It might be:
Maxwell-Kates, Inc.
9 East 38th Street 6th Floor New York, NY 10016
Tel. 212-684-8282

Old 10-04-2023, 01:57 PM

They’re up to 397 on the old list and there are about 25 more people left on that list before we get to the new list

Old 10-05-2023, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdog11 View Post
They’re up to 397 on the old list and there are about 25 more people left on that list before we get to the new list
If someone at Ruppert told you there are about 25 more households left on the old list that is helpful info. Thank you.

If 25 is your own estimate that is nice too. A way to analyze such things can be to figure the maximum possible number of log#s ahead of your own. Then, we have to wonder how many of that maximum number are ‘deadbeats’ that never returned the application. Same for the new list, if you are log# 10, there is a maximum of 9 log#s ahead of you. (And possibly some veterans preference people). We don’t know how many of the 9 actually return the application and paid the fee. Also, some of the 9 might have lost interest while waiting. Good luck and good patience.

At some point we can hope thar Ruppert will reach out to you to say you are getting close. But even they don’t know, it could be that several log# don’t respond and others turn down a unit, then suddenly they are asking you.

Old 10-05-2023, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
If someone at Ruppert told you there are about 25 more households left on the old list that is helpful info. Thank you.

If 25 is your own estimate that is nice too. A way to analyze such things can be to figure the maximum possible number of log#s ahead of your own. Then, we have to wonder how many of that maximum number are ‘deadbeats’ that never returned the application. Same for the new list, if you are log# 10, there is a maximum of 9 log#s ahead of you. (And possibly some veterans preference people). We don’t know how many of the 9 actually return the application and paid the fee. Also, some of the 9 might have lost interest while waiting. Good luck and good patience.

At some point we can hope thar Ruppert will reach out to you to say you are getting close. But even they don’t know, it could be that several log# don’t respond and others turn down a unit, then suddenly they are asking you.
25 is what I was told by the lady when I called

Old 10-05-2023, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdog11 View Post
25 is what I was told by the lady when I called
Thanks. In the 25 we can guess that not all 25 will end up taking an offer.

Old 10-15-2023, 09:17 PM

54 posts, read 86,860 times
I wonder how long for the 4 bedroom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery