Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 05:19 PM

29 posts, read 12,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheesharee92590 View Post
I’m currently living there. It’s lovely and have had no issues! Apartment was in excellent shape, no flaws. Super is extremely responsive and kind. Wishing everyone good luck!
I second this comment. My apartment is amazing and the super is pretty great. They’re moving along on pretty much all amenities. I did have a few issues but it wasn’t anything that the super couldn’t fix. I’m sending all the good vibes to the people that will soon be apart of the 875 crew lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 08:03 PM

8 posts, read 3,514 times
Hi all, just to give an update on my own progress through this process, I'm CB with #91xx, was contacted mid-feb, viewed apts end of Feb, submitted a bunch of docs, went back to the building to view one unit yesterday (there was a discrepancy in my ami status) and was assigned that unit and now my docs have been sent to HPD for final approval this morning... I think I am almost in the clear?? We'll see.

I saw the 130% ami studio apartment, really bad in my opinion, it is just a box for your bed and comes with no closets. I also saw the 130% ami 1-bdrm which I thought was honestly very decent. The kitchen is super small and the oven is half size, but it comes with a washer/dryer unit.

Unit I was assigned to is a 80% ami 1-bdrm. Rikki confirmed it is 100sqft bigger than the 130% ami 1-bdrms, but I didn't believe her til I saw it (she was telling the truth). The specific unit I was assigned had a really nice layout with the kitchen off to the side and a normal sized oven. Comes with two closets in the bedroom only, but the kitchen has an insane number of cabinets.

We'll see how it all goes!

Old 03-22-2024, 08:09 PM

531 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teadrinkerr View Post
Hi all, just to give an update on my own progress through this process, I'm CB with #91xx, was contacted mid-feb, viewed apts end of Feb, submitted a bunch of docs, went back to the building to view one unit yesterday (there was a discrepancy in my ami status) and was assigned that unit and now my docs have been sent to HPD for final approval this morning... I think I am almost in the clear?? We'll see.

I saw the 130% ami studio apartment, really bad in my opinion, it is just a box for your bed and comes with no closets. I also saw the 130% ami 1-bdrm which I thought was honestly very decent. The kitchen is super small and the oven is half size, but it comes with a washer/dryer unit.

Unit I was assigned to is a 80% ami 1-bdrm. Rikki confirmed it is 100sqft bigger than the 130% ami 1-bdrms, but I didn't believe her til I saw it (she was telling the truth). The specific unit I was assigned had a really nice layout with the kitchen off to the side and a normal sized oven. Comes with two closets in the bedroom only, but the kitchen has an insane number of cabinets.

We'll see how it all goes!
that sounds awesome, did you take pictures of the unit ?

What plan is being offered for the 1 bed ?

Old 03-22-2024, 08:16 PM

8 posts, read 3,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
that sounds awesome, did you take pictures of the unit ?

What plan is being offered for the 1 bed ?
Honestly was going to wait to be able to speak to the landlord or marketing agent doing lease signing to get the real deal, ha. Happy to update once I have a better idea. I did not want to bother Rikki too much because I know she is very busy and the two people from reside showing the apartments didn't know much. I am hoping to be able to opt out of the amenities since they are very unfinished. (if I get the apartment, haha)

Old 03-23-2024, 11:45 AM

115 posts, read 69,991 times
I drove by the building for the first time since getting rejected. The building is still very much under construction, but there is life breathed into it! Someone has gorgeous long curtains in their apartment. The door man looked nice. There were people chatting in the lobby. Congrats to all who won and are in the process of winning! Maybe if I win the lottery one day I’ll join you guys as a market rate tenant LOL

Old 03-25-2024, 09:08 AM

4 posts, read 919 times
Good morning viewed a 1 br 130 AMI. Bathroom is stunning & that tub is deep and huge. My question is i see the stove but are there any exhaust above head? also, the guy looked at me crazy when i mentioned the kids room, Is there one for those who are moved in? I also didn't have access to the roof. gym, lounge and the apt was all i was able to see. Rikki hasnt replied back and just want to know before I make a decision.

Old 03-25-2024, 11:06 AM

23 posts, read 8,080 times
There is a “kids room” in the basement that is not open yet. The stove doesn't have any ventilation. A fan from the back panel turns on and off automatically when the oven and burners are on for a bit.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:27 PM

4 posts, read 919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheesharee92590 View Post
There is a “kids room” in the basement that is not open yet. The stove doesn't have any ventilation. A fan from the back panel turns on and off automatically when the oven and burners are on for a bit.
Thank you!

Old 03-27-2024, 07:48 AM

21 posts, read 14,062 times
Has Anyone from the last tour been contacted back?

Old 03-27-2024, 05:55 PM

5 posts, read 1,920 times
I have a high log number... 23xxx but live in sunset park. Do I even stand a chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery