Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 07:41 AM

88 posts, read 77,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheWrap View Post
I walked by the building earlier this week. Although the outside looks completed, it doesn’t look like it’s ready for move-in yet. The building is still surrounded by a construction barrier. From what I could see through the windows, work is still being done inside the apartments.
Yes I walked the area and saw it too. Not sure why they asked for docs so early, unless they are close to finishing, and it just looks way more unfinished than it actually is. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 05:30 PM

21 posts, read 14,062 times
Last week Got the infamous submit documents and then reached out directly to my “broker” lol they said gotta wait 6-8 weeks for processing. Any other updates??

Old 06-02-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ2073 View Post
Last week Got the infamous submit documents and then reached out directly to my “broker” lol they said gotta wait 6-8 weeks for processing. Any other updates??
Went by to look at the building again since they now have taken down the green construction wall. I can see inside that its very unfinished. The lower apartments still need cabinets added, appliances are not installed yet, and Even the lobby is under construction. Look like the lobby hasn't even been started, it has no flooring and boards everywhere. If I had to gues, theu will probably began filling in July or August

Old 06-02-2023, 08:54 PM

173 posts, read 154,888 times
Thanks for the update! Maybe the are saving the lobby for last as all the other things need to be completed & not to mess up by going in and out of the entrance!

Old 06-04-2023, 05:54 PM

115 posts, read 69,991 times
I toured the inside. The apartments have all appliances except for the fridge. I think they worked on doing the apartments first (maybe top down? Not sure). The lobby and common areas are not done yet so we couldn’t tour any of that. The apartments seemed to be soundproof. They aren’t tiny but aren’t super spacious. I was expecting smaller rooms as is common with these new builds so I was pleasantly surprised. Washer dryer and dishwasher which weren’t originally listed on the lottery page.

They’re estimating move in some time during September

Old 06-04-2023, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
I toured the inside. The apartments have all appliances except for the fridge. I think they worked on doing the apartments first (maybe top down? Not sure). The lobby and common areas are not done yet so we couldn’t tour any of that. The apartments seemed to be soundproof. They aren’t tiny but aren’t super spacious. I was expecting smaller rooms as is common with these new builds so I was pleasantly surprised. Washer dryer and dishwasher which weren’t originally listed on the lottery page.

Thanks for giving us a visual tour, sure would be nice to be asked for more documents! W/D sounds sweet!

Old 06-05-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the update. Thats great to hear they are contacting people for tours, and moving ahead. I could tell by construction this summer wasn't going to be done. Did they give you a offer or next steps also are you CB? Also Good luck, hope you win one.

Old 06-05-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajo70 View Post
Thanks for the update. Thats great to hear they are contacting people for tours, and moving ahead. I could tell by construction this summer wasn't going to be done. Did they give you a offer or next steps also are you CB? Also Good luck, hope you win one.
I have CB preference. I think we were tentatively assigned a unit. Our documents were sent to the city and they said they’ll get back to us soon for next steps. I don’t think it’s a definite until the city confirms all are documents are good, right? Trying not to get my hopes up until everything is confirmed.

Old 06-05-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoecrazee View Post
Thanks for giving us a visual tour, sure would be nice to be asked for more documents! W/D sounds sweet!
Good luck!!! I’m assuming they are in the very very early stages. I think I was in the first tour group. Fingers crossed they call you for more docs!

Old 06-05-2023, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Good luck!!! I’m assuming they are in the very very early stages. I think I was in the first tour group. Fingers crossed they call you for more docs!
Positive vibes & fingers crossed !!! Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery