Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 05:44 AM

390 posts, read 351,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by encog23 View Post
All of this happened within the allotted time frame to send documents (about a month). But I was only recently notified of the change. The agent screens the applicant. But the processor processes the application. So even if they weren’t on the same page the application still ends up with the same person. Or at least in the same process so sooner rather than later they should have known. And as far as I know preference only matters second to log number. Also, if preference is given to community members then that means preference is given to those in an shelter and city workers as well. Also according to the marketing handbook they are supposed to go in order of the waitlist. Neither the agent nor processor mentioned current tenant preference until the initial applicant was rejected. And even then we were told it would likely go in our favor.
The tenants would be put on the top of the waitlist so they would have bumped you. People in shelters do not get preference otherwise is would be stated on then initial application. CB gets top preference and it trumps city employees. Municipal employees is a 5% preference, which applys to the initial lotteryand at this point that 5% preference would have been selected already through the original people who moved in. When a tenant wants to move to a bigger apartment they go on the waitlist, but they'll be on top priority.. especially if the household size is too big for an apartment. Say if a couple was in a studio and then had a baby, they get top priority because according to hpd lottery rules 3 people can not be in a studio so now they would have to get bumped up to the next available one or 2 bedroom available. It dies seem fair because you're the one waiting, but it is for the people who already live there. My daughter's grandmother lives in a lottery building in tge Bronx is top the same thing. She'll go on the waitlist, but will have priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 06:47 AM

726 posts, read 812,480 times
Quote:
All of this happened within the allotted time frame to send documents (about a month). But I was only recently notified of the change. The agent screens the applicant. But the processor processes the application. So even if they weren’t on the same page the application still ends up with the same person. Or at least in the same process so sooner rather than later they should have known. And as far as I know preference only matters second to log number. Also, if preference is given to community members then that means preference is given to those in an shelter and city workers as well. Also according to the marketing handbook they are supposed to go in order of the waitlist. Neither the agent nor processor mentioned current tenant preference until the initial applicant was rejected. And even then we were told it would likely go in our favor.
Ok so they have both explained this to you correctly and you still are looking for a way to say you were wronged and skipped. Preferences comes first then log you being a city worker would come second to someone residing in the building since that is cb. However a tenant already living in the building trumps ALL of that. No matter what you believe they actually did this the way they should have. They cannot tell a current resident no because they want a new tenant

Old 11-20-2022, 10:38 AM

27 posts, read 11,699 times
I don't believe you understand what I am saying. Rerentals work differently than initial lotteries

Old 11-21-2022, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I don't believe you understand what I am saying. Rerentals work differently than initial lotteries
I don't think you understand... regular preferences are done, but internal transfers take priority or the waitlist. You're reading a book on re-rentals, which applies to people who log was not reach for an apartment yet and are waiting, but you don't have any guidance on how internal transfers work...especially if the person transferring was already a lottery winner... even if they were rethrown on the waitlist their log number is higher than yours, they would get the transfer. I'm sorry to say this, but you situation doesn't make a difference if they were to go by logs. Anyways keep us updated if the appeal turns out in your favor, because a appeal like that being approved is very rare. Good luck though!

Old 11-21-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
I don't think you understand... regular preferences are done, but internal transfers take priority or the waitlist. You're reading a book on re-rentals, which applies to people who log was not reach for an apartment yet and are waiting, but you don't have any guidance on how internal transfers work...especially if the person transferring was already a lottery winner... even if they were rethrown on the waitlist their log number is higher than yours, they would get the transfer. I'm sorry to say this, but you situation doesn't make a difference if they were to go by logs. Anyways keep us updated if the appeal turns out in your favor, because a appeal like that being approved is very rare. Good luck though!
Per HDC compliance rerentals do not have preference. I spoke with them myself. Rerentals work differently than regular lotteries.

Old 11-21-2022, 11:37 AM

962 posts, read 938,026 times
Quote:
Per HDC compliance rerentals do not have preference. I spoke with them myself. Rerentals work differently than regular lotteries.
So what other answer do you want? You’re one the waitlist and have to wait.

Old 11-21-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
So what other answer do you want? You’re one the waitlist and have to wait.
I did not have an answer until they got back to me which is why I asked but clearly you were wrong. I know I am waitlisted. However that decision was clearly made in error. If you do not know something for sure don’t just give out false information.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:28 PM

962 posts, read 938,026 times
Quote:
I did not have an answer until they got back to me which is why I asked but clearly you were wrong. I know I am waitlisted. However that decision was clearly made in error. If you do not know something for sure don’t just give out false information.
I didn’t give you false information. HPD says you have to wait. We can’t expedite anything. So all you can do is wait until they have a unit for you to move forward with.

Old 11-21-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Okay.. if that's the case.. did you win the appeal and get the apartment?

Old 11-21-2022, 04:21 PM

726 posts, read 812,480 times
Quote:
No they actually don’t they work faster. But not different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: