Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 05:39 AM

726 posts, read 814,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by encog23 View Post
No obviously you lack the capacity to understand that you are wrong. Internal transfer or not everyone has a log number and CB/municipal priority is not given after the initial lottery. If you wanna be dumb I don’t care. Stop commenting though because you’re wasting your time and at this point you and everyone else that thinks they know more than HDP/HDC are very annoying.
The glory of public forums is to provide public knowledge, I have never once said you’re dumb or called you anything else (which really proves who’s the dummy). You said you came here already having the answer then why come here, your frustrated with your situation and that’s personal af. no one is going to be angry because your a fuccin idiot who lacks the capacity to have a conversation without trying to belittle someone. The way this forum is moving I will in fact just wait hopefully you provide an update
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 06:44 AM

27 posts, read 11,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I did an internal transfer prior to moving to my new building and I did not get a log number, I’m pretty sure I also skipped the line of whomever outside the building that was on a waitlist. I dealt directly with management as did the persons who moved into both vacated apts.

My sister just moved internally from a studio to a one bedroom. She didn’t get a log number, she just did a straight transfer, management did all the paperwork and told her after (she only had to say yes or no) given the difference in rent was only $30 it would have been beyond silly for her not to take it.
I was not told what my number is, but according to HPD/HDC one is given as only those that are disabled and sometimes those who are homeless receive a priority.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:46 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by encog23 View Post
I was not told what my number is, but according to HPD/HDC one is given as only those that are disabled and sometimes those who are homeless receive a priority.
ok

Old 11-22-2022, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
The glory of public forums is to provide public knowledge, I have never once said you’re dumb or called you anything else (which really proves who’s the dummy). You said you came here already having the answer then why come here, your frustrated with your situation and that’s personal af. no one is going to be angry because your a fuccin idiot who lacks the capacity to have a conversation without trying to belittle someone. The way this forum is moving I will in fact just wait hopefully you provide an update
Clearly you’re a dumba$$ lmfaooo. I stated multiple times I did not receive an answer from HPD/HDC when I initially made the post. I don’t know how many more times I have to say that.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:57 PM

105 posts, read 89,088 times
Lol yikes. Someone came in here and gave you two examples that go directly against what you are saying, and you still argue. I get that you are disappointed with your situation, but lashing out at everyone is not helping you. As a matter of fact you are not presenting yourself in the best light. Keep applying to different lotteries and move on, or if you wish to stay miserable because of the situation you can do so but insulting others in the forum is just plain old ignorant.

Old 11-22-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantmom View Post
Lol yikes. Someone came in here and gave you two examples that go directly against what you are saying, and you still argue. I get that you are disappointed with your situation, but lashing out at everyone is not helping you. As a matter of fact you are not presenting yourself in the best light. Keep applying to different lotteries and move on, or if you wish to stay miserable because of the situation you can do so but insulting others in the forum is just plain old ignorant.
Atp. I’m not even updating this thread. Do your own research. I’m far from ignorant I’m very intelligent hence the reason why I was able to answer my own question… correctly! I clearly said that HPD/HDC said something completely different than the answers I was given. I spoke with someone there myself. If you and others want to think you’re superior to an actual agent then be oblivious. I really don’t care. And I was disrespected first. After that all bets are off. If you want someone to care look somewhere else.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:33 PM

390 posts, read 352,112 times
Everyone is giving you an answer about how many lotteries we've encountered or seen does it. They normally give priority to people who already live there. We can see why you're upset given your circumstances. You said HPD doesn't have preferences so I'm assuming the whoever selects people choices who's the higher priority for the apartment. I wouldn't say we're loud and wrong because it's been done to many people in the past which is why we said that. Clearly they just did it with you, which is why this forum was posted. Many people probably didn't know that people could appeal it. Instead of going back and forth with everyone on the forum, you could let us know that you were right about them not being able to do that. If you win your appeal just let everyone know or make another forum about your experience/ appeal to educate people who may need this information in the future.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:02 PM

93 posts, read 75,089 times
This thread is a gold mine of info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: