Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 06:22 AM

828 posts, read 766,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynico3 View Post
There’s no microwaves and no dishwashers. I was able to tour the building yesterday.
Very disappointing.

What was your overall impression of the place? Any strong feelings?

Last edited by BPC1999; 09-06-2023 at 06:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,141 times
Quote:
There’s no microwaves and no dishwashers. I was able to tour the building yesterday.
Do you mind sharing how you were able to tour/your log number any preferences? Thanks!

Old 09-06-2023, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larubiaxo View Post
has anyone received their log number for this literary located in greenpoint?
14xx

Old 09-06-2023, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,755 times
I went for a tour yesterday. Bedrooms are so incredibly small. Everything looks cheaply made like the cabinets ect…

Old 09-07-2023, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblingrosieposie View Post
I went for a tour yesterday. Bedrooms are so incredibly small. Everything looks cheaply made like the cabinets ect…
What were the circumstances of your tours? Were you contacted based on your log number or did you just contact them and ask?

Old 09-07-2023, 08:12 AM

4 posts, read 6,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Very disappointing.

What was your overall impression of the place? Any strong feelings?

My impression is that it would be a good starter apartment for someone. There is absolutely no luxury feel to the building. The photos online are a little deceiving. As with most apartment listings the pictures online make the units look a lot bigger, but the living room & kitchen spaces are very small. As someone else mentioned, the cabinets and appliances are pretty cheap looking. Bedrooms are probably OK for a full size bed. The ceilings are higher than average though which is nice. The windows are nice. The bathrooms are not square cut marble tubs like they were supposed to be. The lobby is so plain that it looks unfinished (same with the hallways). The gym and fitness room was pretty decent. They have a playroom for children that is literally just a room with a couple of small tables. Everything is stark white like a hospital, there is absolutely no decor elements. They have rules of the building posted EVERYWHERE. The courtyards are tiny and they are basically just gravel. It is what it is - low income vibes. For those asking how to get a tour, the building is open now you can reach out to management and schedule a walk-through. For parents, right next to the building is a soccer field and there is a Playground too.

Please excuse any typos, I’m using my phone.

Old 09-07-2023, 08:14 AM

4 posts, read 6,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
What were the circumstances of your tours? Were you contacted based on your log number or did you just contact them and ask?

I was not part of the lottery. I just contacted them on my own accord.

Old 09-07-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
My impression is that it would be a good starter apartment for someone. There is absolutely no luxury feel to the building. The photos online are a little deceiving. As with most apartment listings the pictures online make the units look a lot bigger, but the living room & kitchen spaces are very small. As someone else mentioned, the cabinets and appliances are pretty cheap looking. Bedrooms are probably OK for a full size bed. The ceilings are higher than average though which is nice. The windows are nice. The bathrooms are not square cut marble tubs like they were supposed to be. The lobby is so plain that it looks unfinished (same with the hallways). The gym and fitness room was pretty decent. They have a playroom for children that is literally just a room with a couple of small tables. Everything is stark white like a hospital, there is absolutely no decor elements. They have rules of the building posted EVERYWHERE. The courtyards are tiny and they are basically just gravel. It is what it is - low income vibes. For those asking how to get a tour, the building is open now you can reach out to management and schedule a walk-through. For parents, right next to the building is a soccer field and there is a Playground too.

Please excuse any typos, I’m using my phone.

Very helpful - thanks!

My kid has a pretty good log number. I'm hoping this might be a good starter apartment for a young adult, as you suggest.

Old 09-11-2023, 03:03 PM

33 posts, read 40,552 times
I got a request for documents today. 14xx, with mobility preference. No CB.

Old 09-11-2023, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,161 times
That’s exciting news!! Really hope I get called!!! Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery