Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 07:17 PM

7 posts, read 10,438 times

Advertisements

Again, this is my first time winning a lottery apartment and the process is new to me. I was contacted on the morning of June 5 via email from the management telling me that if I was interested in the apartment that I needed to respond immediately to start getting my documents processed. To be honest I thought I was getting scammed initially because they provided very little detail and everything felt so rushed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2023, 03:54 AM

36 posts, read 36,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyT336 View Post
Again, this is my first time winning a lottery apartment and the process is new to me. I was contacted on the morning of June 5 via email from the management telling me that if I was interested in the apartment that I needed to respond immediately to start getting my documents processed. To be honest I thought I was getting scammed initially because they provided very little detail and everything felt so rushed
best of luck

Old 10-23-2023, 02:29 PM

50 posts, read 45,725 times
Quote:
Hi everyone, good morning. I just want to explain the process I went through for this apartment and see if any of you can offer any advice or insight. I’m also available to gladly answer questions that any of you might have. First let me mention that this is my first experience with housingconnect or a lottery apartment. I was the first contacted about this apartment through housingconnect in early June- at that time I submitted all of my requested documents and signed whatever papers they sent over. All of July I received no updates. In August I was to have a phone interview with the management- following that interview I was asked to provide the same documents i previously submitted with some additional documents that need to be notarized. Fast forward to early September I received an email requesting me to view the specific unit assigned to me to accept or pass up on it. During my viewing the manager of the building told me that the building would be opening within weeks. There was also another woman there from wavecrest management, who told me the same thing that the building would be opening within a few weeks and according to her the building was 100% completed, just that it needed some cleaning detail and people would be moving in. A few hours after reviewing the apartment I received an email that I needed to submit the same documents again.

Fast forward to October I’ve been asked to submit essentially the same documents again TWICE in the last three weeks and once again to get my updated financial documents notarized. Every email request states an extreme urgency - they usually tell me I need to respond immediately. Beyond these requests I receive no updates or communications whatsoever. I’m trying so hard to be patient here, but as some of you might understand I need to be organized and prepared to move - but I have no idea WHEN. Is it just a waiting game? The building manager who I saw in person told me that the apartment is mine if I want it.. I’m just so confused why no one can tell me what move-in date I have or when I’m signing a lease..

By any chance do you have any videos or pictures of the units you viewed?

Old 11-01-2023, 07:31 AM

67 posts, read 145,818 times
Do we know what log #s they are up to as of right now? Any info would be appreciated!

Old 11-01-2023, 12:26 PM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by am0916 View Post
Do we know what log #s they are up to as of right now? Any info would be appreciated!
The last anyone posted on here was 1,4xx with mobility. Then nothing. Strange.

Old 11-02-2023, 05:35 AM

7 posts, read 10,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbil64 View Post
By any chance do you have any videos or pictures of the units you viewed?
No sorry I did not. I wish I would have as it was my intention to but my social anxiety kicked in lol.

Just an update for anyone that is looking though, the building officially opened yesterday November 1st. . Anyone that was already selected for an apartment is moving in right now.

Old 11-02-2023, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Just an update for anyone that is looking though, the building officially opened yesterday November 1st. . Anyone that was already selected for an apartment is moving in right now.
Are these 'lottery' people moving in or the general public? I haven't seen much discussion at all on this thread about people getting doc requests, etc.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:02 AM

112 posts, read 96,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Are these 'lottery' people moving in or the general public? I haven't seen much discussion at all on this thread about people getting doc requests, etc.
The whole building is lottery. There is no general public.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
The whole building is lottery. There is no general public.
Ok, thanks.

Does anyone else find it strange that there are over 300 Lottery units in this building, people started moving in yesterday, and there is virtually NO chatter on this thread about log numbers or progress with applications?

I understand that not everyone is in this forum or looking at threads, but am I missing something?

Old 11-05-2023, 01:41 PM

3 posts, read 3,344 times
The apartments that were allocated for homeless people are being moved into already, someone just posted on TikTok that they moved in Nov. 1st after signing the lease Oct. 23rd. "Safety Assessment" sounds like an excuse. I heard back from them in the beginning of September asking for documents, since then they asked two more times for more documents and notarization, statements, paystubs etc.. I am Log# 5xx & CB. I've been speaking to Jessica, she's very kind but seems overwhelmed and my application is "under review" as of right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery