Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 06:48 PM

198 posts, read 176,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
That's not how these lotteries work. They are open for a specified period of time. In this case, for 62 days.
Everyone has the same chance now matter when you submit your application.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgalel20 View Post
I’ve won the lottery before (currently reside in a lottery apartment) and have been contacted for numerous other buildings each time I had low log numbers. When I got a high log number I never got contacted.
That’s just my experience.
What does that have to do with what he’s talking about ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2023, 07:20 PM

112 posts, read 97,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee26 View Post
What does that have to do with what he’s talking about ?
He thinks he got a low log number and was thus contacted because he applied as soon as the lottery went live. When in actuality it’s just coincidence

Old 10-10-2023, 07:33 PM

11 posts, read 21,328 times
I mean there is nothing to explain to me I shared my experience with the lottery apartments Ive gotten contacted for and you shared your view on how you feel the lottery truly operates. Difference of opinions is ok.

Old 10-10-2023, 07:40 PM

Since 2020 I’ve been chosen for a total of 14 apartments & it’s just coincidence that those apartments I applied for on the dot. So hey I could be wrong but that’s how it has worked for me over the years.

Last edited by Badgalel20; 10-10-2023 at 08:10 PM..

Old 10-10-2023, 08:57 PM

521 posts, read 505,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgalel20 View Post
Since 2020 I’ve been chosen for a total of 14 apartments & it’s just coincidence that those apartments I applied for on the dot. So hey I could be wrong but that’s how it has worked for me over the years.
You are wrong. It explicitly says in the handbook how it is determined, there are rules that are viewable by the public. I have been chosen/won for a total of 6 lottery apartments since 2021 and called to submit docs for more than that none of the times were because I stayed up until midnight to apply. In fact, a lot of lotteries get posted later in the day at random times during office hours, I have checked at midnight and I have not seen any updates. In fact today 505 State St went up sometime midday because I checked at 9:30 am there was nothing and then again at 3:00pm it was up. Based off the post it went up between 10:00 am and 11:00 am The current building I won through the lottery and I applied over a week after it opened.

Old 10-10-2023, 09:20 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
good location. i applied.

Old 10-10-2023, 09:25 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Glad to see some lower AMI units in this area.

Building overall looks nice but anyone else think those apartments are UGLY, particularly that kitchen (basically monochrome grey/green)! And then the totally different color scheme in the bathroom? Strange!
no. seen way worse kitchens than this. one buildings kitchen i applied to was all blue, so was the whole building. interior and exterior. the building was ok, but im glad i didnt get picked for it.

Old 10-10-2023, 09:38 PM

521 posts, read 505,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
no. seen way worse kitchens than this. one buildings kitchen i applied to was all blue, so was the whole building. interior and exterior. the building was ok, but im glad i didnt get picked for it.
Was that one in Williamsburg on Ainsle lol because it was bad? That was the first lottery I applied to and I almost won it but they ran out of my AMI with CB.

Old 10-10-2023, 10:46 PM

30 posts, read 34,540 times
I applied 6pm when I noticed it. Good luck all as well. They only picking 3 ppl for 3bd room . So sad

Old 10-11-2023, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
You are wrong. It explicitly says in the handbook how it is determined, there are rules that are viewable by the public. I have been chosen/won for a total of 6 lottery apartments since 2021 and called to submit docs for more than that none of the times were because I stayed up until midnight to apply. In fact, a lot of lotteries get posted later in the day at random times during office hours, I have checked at midnight and I have not seen any updates. In fact today 505 State St went up sometime midday because I checked at 9:30 am there was nothing and then again at 3:00pm it was up. Based off the post it went up between 10:00 am and 11:00 am The current building I won through the lottery and I applied over a week after it opened.
Ok Kate “MY EXPERIENCES” are wrong based on the handbook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery