Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 07:42 AM

30 posts, read 34,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty076 View Post
this is an interesting move by this building. I noticed the apartments went down to 12 yesterday and now it does not show how many available at all. either there some time of glitch or they are trying to correct big error when they posted this lottery up.

either way I still hope we all have a good chance. *edit to say when you click on details it says 45 units available.
And I saw the building recently. Was not even finish building lol. I’m like wth. Hope they pick more people than what it stated on HC smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2023, 07:33 PM

23 posts, read 13,219 times
anyone know what timeline to expect on a new development like this? there is still scaffolding up and some crane like structures. do they usually start issuing log numbers and interviewing people at this stage, or do we have to wait for the building to be in move-in condition?

Old 12-07-2023, 11:43 PM

521 posts, read 505,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpotts View Post
anyone know what timeline to expect on a new development like this? there is still scaffolding up and some crane like structures. do they usually start issuing log numbers and interviewing people at this stage, or do we have to wait for the building to be in move-in condition?
It needs to be move in condition or close to for doc requests since they expire after a certain period of time logs can go out way before

Old 12-08-2023, 08:02 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
It needs to be move in condition or close to for doc requests since they expire after a certain period of time logs can go out way before
They can (and do) keep requesting new/updated docs when they expire though. I waited 5 months between being approved by the agency, waiting for the building to be done, before having to provide updated docs for HPD approval and lease signing. There is no standard process, every development is on a different timeline for processing the lotto applicants.

Old 12-08-2023, 09:10 AM

521 posts, read 505,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
They can (and do) keep requesting new/updated docs when they expire though. I waited 5 months between being approved by the agency, waiting for the building to be done, before having to provide updated docs for HPD approval and lease signing. There is no standard process, every development is on a different timeline for processing the lotto applicants.
I suppose that is true they can do a request. I think its wiser for them to wait until they think the building is close to ready its less work on their part. I had one where they didn't do doc request for over 6 months and it was because they were waiting on COO

Old 12-08-2023, 11:00 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
I suppose that is true they can do a request. I think its wiser for them to wait until they think the building is close to ready its less work on their part. I had one where they didn't do doc request for over 6 months and it was because they were waiting on COO
Yup, the 5 months I was waiting after being approved by the marketing agency was waiting for the COO.

Old 12-08-2023, 11:06 AM

411 posts, read 228,372 times
You all know this is the first of two buildings on the site, right? Building two is reported to be the one with more affordable housing. All of you who get building one, be prepared for the construction noise and dirt from building two. Also everything here is electric so mind your lease on what you need to pay for.

Old 12-08-2023, 11:42 AM

19 posts, read 15,087 times
Here are the two towers: https://www.thealloyblock.com/

Old 12-08-2023, 02:05 PM

6 posts, read 3,502 times
this building is huge ! far from done...log number 2xxx

Old 12-08-2023, 03:17 PM

23 posts, read 13,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1source View Post
this building is huge ! far from done...log number 2xxx
how are there log #s if the lottery deadline isn't here yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery