Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 10:27 AM

16 posts, read 12,372 times

Advertisements

From start to finish...took forever .
Dragged their foot .

I found out from housing connect i was granted the apartment after the packet was sent .
Congrats came 4 days later .

Submitting the tic was quck , got approved in 2 days .

When it was time to view the apartment it was like pulling teeth . If i had any questions it took forever for a response .

Im so glad i was able to sign my lease and keep it pushing .

Good luck to anyone who is dealing with them .
I wish it was more smoother..rather than hearing from them weeks and days at a time .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 11:19 AM

76 posts, read 70,187 times
What building was it for if you don’t mind? I’m in the process for 2 apartments in the same building
at the moment and I submitted documents in the beginning of December. Also who was your manager?

Old 01-05-2024, 12:17 PM

96 posts, read 63,363 times
I am laughinggg so hard (not at you) reside is a joke. One of my application says under review for over a year. Then there was a mini lottery, saw the apartment, accepted it ; just to be told HPD would run a new lottery for it. I can’t with them. Lol

Old 01-05-2024, 02:24 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
reside and city5 are the biggest jokes in the lottery system... if anyone has ever got a place through them , bless you.... but they play a lot of reindeer games, i ain't with it!

Old 01-05-2024, 03:11 PM

Im telling you ...they talk on the phone as if they are telling you a secret ..

Like why does it feel like im joining a cult ?

They do whatever part they gotta do..but when its time to connect with mmngt it takes forever and a day .

I felt like i had to begggggggggg to just view my apartment.

They hounded me for $20 to go foward with my credit check.

You money hungry hoes .

Im happy i got my apartment but that process was just too goddamn much for effin nothing .

Old 01-05-2024, 03:36 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boymeetshousing View Post
Im telling you ...they talk on the phone as if they are telling you a secret ..

Like why does it feel like im joining a cult ?

They do whatever part they gotta do..but when its time to connect with mmngt it takes forever and a day .

I felt like i had to begggggggggg to just view my apartment.

They hounded me for $20 to go foward with my credit check.

You money hungry hoes .

Im happy i got my apartment but that process was just too goddamn much for effin nothing .

I had many unpleasant communications with agents, make sure to always CC other people in the agency. they change how they speak when others are watching! nasty work!

Old 01-05-2024, 04:10 PM

Sure did change their tune..talking about "send seperate email"

sir please

Old 01-06-2024, 05:22 PM

7 posts, read 3,505 times
They’re awful. It Takes weeks for them to respond to emails and then it’s just some canned response. They don’t even take the time answer the specific questions you ask. One time they gave me info on the wrong building so annoying and unprofessional.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:14 PM

193 posts, read 104,138 times
why is it every time i have a low log number THIS is the agency that has the property!!!! argggggggh

Old 03-19-2024, 06:01 PM

497 posts, read 456,536 times
I’m dealing with them now, y’all wouldn’t even believe what happened to me… They rejected my application and called me 4 days later to tell me they rejected by accident and asked for more documents…..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: