Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 AM

123 posts, read 310,111 times

Advertisements

No corruption involved lol. Riverplace and OHM are developed by Silverstein. Other tenants have already been placed in his other luxury apartments through out the city. I will definately keep you posted. This program started after the silver towers were built and the 12 story building next to the towers filled up. They house 80 tenants then the remaining moderate to low income tenants get accepted in the silver tower 2. I'm skipping low and moderate income list and lottery and applicants My agenda and their agenda is to show just because your low income or moderate doesn't mean your anyless of a tenant then the 80%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhyno View Post
No waiting in line for the lottery? Exactly who manages your building and how did they get River Place along with the others to comply with them? That program sounds great (but I hope there isnt any corruption involved there.). I'm would assume there are units reserved only for that program, seperate from the lottery. If not, you would be skipping thousands of applicants, approved tenants & people on the building's waiting list. In any case, I wish you good fortune!

Secondly, I am certain of the following: you would receive a washer/dryer in these units. Wood Flooring occupies River Place II units. Both market-rate and affordable units.

On a lighter note, I certainly agree with that program's agenda. Building owners should take advantage of the 80/20 program. It's in their favor as well. It drives more tenant/building occupancy to their developments while also receiving substantial tax-breaks.

------------

Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 AM

5 posts, read 36,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochanyc6 View Post
No corruption involved lol. Riverplace and OHM are developed by Silverstein. Other tenants have already been placed in his other luxury apartments through out the city. I will definately keep you posted. This program started after the silver towers were built and the 12 story building next to the towers filled up. They house 80 tenants then the remaining moderate to low income tenants get accepted in the silver tower 2. I'm skipping low and moderate income list and lottery and applicants My agenda and their agenda is to show just because your low income or moderate doesn't mean your anyless of a tenant then the 80%.
I'm aware of low income tenants in the Silverstein development's (River Place I) case in pont. Thanks for the updates. Even after you obtain your apartment, updates would be appreciated (pics will be fawned over, lol. Silverstein along with the architects did an incredible job on this development. The name itself: "Silver Towers" is grandeur.).

Again, the agenda of the program is gr8! But their agenda seems also to provide awareness of 80/20 to other building owners. It certainly seems to be a fair tradeoff to me. It benefits everyone.

Finally, Im not certain if the unit that you may seal will actually be one of the lottery units (these units have strict criteria and we're intended to be occupied via the lottery then eligibility), but you seem pretty sure. If so then you are indeed bypassing everyone that applied for the lottery. That really doesn't seem feasible!

Keep us updated and I hope for a positive outcome on both parts!

Last edited by rrhyno; 04-23-2010 at 01:45 AM..

Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 AM

270 posts, read 748,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
hi , i received a letter to go in for management interview..they sent me a check list of what to bring.. I have already prepared every single item and have also made copies..since they require original and copies of all documents.. What are my chances? is this a slim possibility, or the fact that i received this , means , im highly probable to get an apartment. We are bunking with relatives, for a long time now, and we really need this .. lots of hopes up right now

We are going to be 4 people living in the apartment, Me , girlfriend and 2 kids ( boy 2yrs old and girl 7yrs old)
does it matter that both kids are of opposite sex at all? Will there a problem with them denying us, because we would then require 3 bedrooms? which they dont offer 3 only 2..but on the AD it said 2 bedrooms up to 4 people
Also i did bankruptcy exactly 10 years and 4 months ago, would this affect us? I have since established very good credit , i think im at 720 score,, and my girlfriend which has SUPERB credit will be the head of household by the way..also would teh fact that i have credit card debt up to about $8,000, would that affect me? i make 24K per year if that makes any difference.. , we meet the $30K requirement for 2 beds, she "reports" about $7K

thanks to any for help,, and if Angie can answer any of these, it would be helpful..
also how long from this 1st interview to actually getting actual lease handed to you ?

also, does the fact that i work part time affect anything, i make $24K parttime.. and my girlfriend which will be the HEAD of household makes $11K fulltime ..she's a waitress, basically does any of that matter at all? we meet the income requirements for 2 beds, we pay all our bills on time, no criminal records ever, no late payments what so ever
thanks again

Old 04-23-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
also, does the fact that i work part time affect anything, i make $24K parttime.. and my girlfriend which will be the HEAD of household makes $11K fulltime ..she's a waitress, basically does any of that matter at all? we meet the income requirements for 2 beds, we pay all our bills on time, no criminal records ever, no late payments what so ever
thanks again
From the concerns that you've mentioned, you should be fine. Prior to your review, you will see a entire list of rejection criteria; you don't seem to meet any of it.

You and your girlfriend's income needs to fall into the range combined, annually. Your part-time status wouldn't affect it unless it makes you two fall below/over the range.

What is the four digit log/reference # number located on your review notice. Its also located on the front of the envelope.

Good luck, tell us how it goes!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 PM

thanks for your response.. PLease understand that i dont feel comfortable discussing or revealing my exact log #, just know its in the 7xxx range

again thank you ..very re-assuring news and i'll definitely reply with my news and progress, and if i do in fact get to achieve this apt..ill reply back , with the length of time it took from interview to Keys in hand. Im hoping its not very long..

Old 04-23-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
thanks for your response.. PLease understand that i dont feel comfortable discussing or revealing my exact log #, just know its in the 7xxx range

again thank you ..very re-assuring news and i'll definitely reply with my news and progress, and if i do in fact get to achieve this apt..ill reply back , with the length of time it took from interview to Keys in hand. Im hoping its not very long..
Ok bro! I really do hope for the best outcome in your favor! You sound like you would be a great tenant in River Place II.

Food for thought: You were the 7xxx applicant selected by River Place. That # begans at 0001. Insane, right?!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 PM

lol, wow thats actually not that bad, considering that im assuming more than 10,000 people wouldve applied..who even know how much more..

but then again , it IS a lottery..isn't it? SO no matter what log# you are,, whether it 0010 or 9870, It all depends on how they randomly pulled your application...then when they review all the "pulled" applications, they determine who should and should not be doing an interview, or which of all teh "pulled" apps are the most likely to be considered.

but yeah you're right ..thats ALOT of applications..I just really hope that those who REALLY need it and deserve it, get it..and not people who would not even appreciate it, and not cherish what they have..

Old 04-23-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
From the concerns that you've mentioned, you should be fine. Prior to your review, you will see a entire list of rejection criteria; you don't seem to meet any of it.
hey but what about the fact that i did bankruptcy 10yrs and 4 months ago, and now i have about $8K in credit card debt, but i have a good credit score and i pay bills on time..
and again we put my girlfriend as the head of household, because she has the best credit..must be close 800 if not more or less

this is the main thing concerning me, my high debt ( $8k)

Old 04-23-2010, 07:55 PM

123 posts, read 310,111 times
Default New Listing 80/20

Hi everyone received a posting in my building about a new 80/20 located 125 W 31st called the epic. I can work with tenant services in my building for more information. Good Luck

Quote:
I'm aware of low income tenants in the Silverstein development's (River Place I) case in pont. Thanks for the updates. Even after you obtain your apartment, updates would be appreciated (pics will be fawned over, lol. Silverstein along with the architects did an incredible job on this development. The name itself: "Silver Towers" is grandeur.).

Again, the agenda of the program is gr8! But their agenda seems also to provide awareness of 80/20 to other building owners. It certainly seems to be a fair tradeoff to me. It benefits everyone.

Finally, Im not certain if the unit that you may seal will actually be one of the lottery units (these units have strict criteria and we're intended to be occupied via the lottery then eligibility), but you seem pretty sure. If so then you are indeed bypassing everyone that applied for the lottery. That really doesn't seem feasible!

Keep us updated and I hope for a positive outcome on both parts!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
hey but what about the fact that i did bankruptcy 10yrs and 4 months ago, and now i have about $8K in credit card debt, but i have a good credit score and i pay bills on time..
and again we put my girlfriend as the head of household, because she has the best credit..must be close 800 if not more or less

this is the main thing concerning me, my high debt ( $8k)
by the way I ran a credit report on my own, and it got 770! and on ALL 3 reports the bankruptcy is GONE!..no more public record of bankruptcy..that made me quite excited, would it be a good idea to bring a printout of the report..i know they are gonna run their own..but will it help be a good idea to bring it along
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery