Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 PM

684 posts, read 1,820,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Manhattan View Post
Basically, once you let management know what you're doing e.g painting or hanging shelves, flatscreens or whatever, they're fine with it. Paint wise, once you leave the apartment, you have to re-paint it back to the original color. With drilling holes, anything bigger than a quarter, when you leave, you'll have to fix and paint it back yourself.
Oh great !! Because I hate everything being "white" lol. And with the space issues I did think about putting up a shelf or two so thats good to know. Thanks a lot

Old 08-23-2010, 10:28 PM

95 posts, read 166,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjose1986 View Post
As far as paint goes. My wall at the bottom is chiped.
Maintainence might be able to help you with that. Inform management about it.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 PM

Two strikes against white! Soft Soap is great for cleaning flat white. Semi-gloss white would have been better but most of these building use flat. Gives it that modern feel. My last apt/studio, I painted one wall a redish orange. I mixed in red to darken the orange. The rest of the walls were the traditional beige color. I understand the cons of white walls. Easy to stain or scratch. Have to be careful around white paint. Flat white paint. I just think that the contrast of the white with the floor looks great. One point about this building. It doesn't feel like the traditional apartment building but more of a hotel. I think that's the feel that they wanted. Hence the 12 units per floor, furnished suites for buisness travelers. The shuttle service. Easy acess to JFK or La Guardia. This could easily be called Hilton Towers!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:55 PM

12 posts, read 23,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlisted87 View Post
Does your place look like this? This is one of the smaller apartments,though this particular one is market rate.

YouTube - SilverTowers.m4v
My goodness! I've never seen such a small studio apartment before! It's smaller than a hotel room. I went for my interview and it went better than I expected. The only thing I'm worried about is the credit report. They had several notices displayed stating the credit requirements. I tried to clean my credit up, but it's not looking so good for me. lol

Old 08-24-2010, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineLiving View Post
My goodness! I've never seen such a small studio apartment before! It's smaller than a hotel room. I went for my interview and it went better than I expected. The only thing I'm worried about is the credit report. They had several notices displayed stating the credit requirements. I tried to clean my credit up, but it's not looking so good for me. lol
Well, the good news is that your credit score doesn't count. They are looking for delinquincies on your credit. Late payments, outstanding debt and so on. Plus, if your earnings to debt ratio is above 38%, then that's a red flag. I hope it'll end positively for you Have faith!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:46 AM

267 posts, read 1,033,732 times

YouTube - SilverTowers.m4v

OMG. That is the C-line. Sooooo small. It is too small even to put a recliner. If their web site show floor plans with measurements, it may scare many renters away. I understand why some one turned down the offer after such a lengthy process.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:40 AM

I told u guys ! I think many of u guys have a good idea of the kind of person I am from my very first post in this thread I've been genuine. An I'm extremely grateful to have such an opportunity that hasn't changed but I was truly in shock when I saw how small the apt was. An the complete lack of closet space is disheartening. Building is amazing but they just crammed too many apts on one floor.

@ Sarah unfortunately I agree I think they delibrately left out measurements because the studios are that small. I'm very surprised people pay upwards of 2500$ for these units

Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 AM

Whatever salesperson can sell these units at market rate deserve triple commision !! Lol

Old 08-24-2010, 11:02 AM

I believe everyone who's part of the lottery process, upon seeing these apartments for the first time are somewhat disappointed. I know I was. I had a choice of what was in my hand now (River Place 2) or wait for my log number to be called for 505West for which I also qualified for a studio. I decided to take what was infront of me instead of the unknown. Even the lady at 505 advised me to do so. She said, although you qualify, by the time we get to your log number, they might not be any studios left. Their approval process takes about two months.

It's crazy to go thru that whole process, get approved, see the apts and to entertain the thought of walking away. Nobody should have that on there plate. I'm sure many people are watching this develoment closely. If it has a high rental rate, close to 90% and retail space gets leased, more developers might sacrifice unit square footage for more units per floor. That doesn't make any sense to
me! I would want zero negative feedback or word of mouth if that was my development! Same height, less units and more square footage per unit is the way I would go! I think that would lead to a 100% sell through. Just a thought.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:00 PM

52 posts, read 109,727 times
Thank God ya change the subject I was about think I came into a home

improvment blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.