Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 10:40 AM

12 posts, read 33,653 times

Advertisements

Ah, sorry...I misunderstood. I spoke to my contact earlier this week and she told me targeted move in was April 1st. I had my interview back in November, but have yet to receive word about a home visit. I'm guessing if I don't hear soon I didn't make the cut, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck to all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 10:59 AM

28 posts, read 60,788 times
@JKID84NYC What happens if you get approved for an apartment but you are in the middle of a lease with your current place? I live at Silver Towers and was worried about that when I applied for 440. It turns out I make a little to much for 440 so Ill stay here for now, but Im still curious.

Also I'm curious if 440 affordable housing units will have different kitches ect. like Silver Towers. Its probably to soon to know.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:48 PM

7 posts, read 13,899 times
I called Related affordable office and I left a message where u leave your info and telephone # and they will get backto you as soon as they "can". Has anyone done this procedure, if yes, how long did t take for them to contact your back with your application info. I would like to know if I am still valid for this project so I can stop chewing my fingernails.

@ JKid84NYC Thanks for your info and time.

Thanks in advance

Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlisted87 View Post
@JKID84NYC What happens if you get approved for an apartment but you are in the middle of a lease with your current place? I live at Silver Towers and was worried about that when I applied for 440. It turns out I make a little to much for 440 so Ill stay here for now, but Im still curious.

Also I'm curious if 440 affordable housing units will have different kitches ect. like Silver Towers. Its probably to soon to know.
Hey I remember you ! lol. My plan would be to take the absolute latest move in date possible..and after that just do whatever necessary. I too am currently at Silver Towers, but I deliberately signed only a 1yr contract because I was hoping for an opportunity at 440 to get a 1bdrm. And I know the lady said we cant break out of our lease early. Hey who knows...maybe this appeal process is a blessing in disguise, and by the time they get back to me, it wont be so bad. I'm hoping to only maybe have to pay my last month..I MIGHT be able to stretch it to 2 months or so..with a loan from my parents.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naripaq7 View Post
I called Related affordable office and I left a message where u leave your info and telephone # and they will get backto you as soon as they "can". Has anyone done this procedure, if yes, how long did t take for them to contact your back with your application info. I would like to know if I am still valid for this project so I can stop chewing my fingernails.

@ JKid84NYC Thanks for your info and time.

Thanks in advance
I have 3 times ! SMFH. Because I wanted to know if they received my appeal letter..because on the letter they sent me..it states that someone will get back in 10 days to set up an appt regarding the letter. Well 10 days came and went and I heard nothing. I left a message..and nobody every got back..then I called and was able to speak to someone and they said give it about an additional week due to all the applicants...still nothing. FINALLY on the 3rd try..I left a message and a woman did indeed get back to me..and confirmed to me that my appeal letter was received and im in process but they go in log # order. So give a day or 2 then call again...

Anytime..always here to help if I can...

Old 03-11-2011, 01:49 PM

12 posts, read 33,653 times
So, do they fill the apartments according to the log numbers? What happens when all the apartments are initially filled? Does everyone else stay on a waiting list and get called when apartments become available again?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 PM

6 posts, read 13,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayDownOn42nd View Post
Had my home visit today. Short and sweet; basically just checked out my apartment and asked a few questions. Nice guy but as expected, couldn't answer any specific questions about the status or process. He said the office will get in touch, so the wait continues. Hoping I'm lucky enough to be selected for a one bedroom.

The lobby (looks great) is almost complete and sidewalks are being installed around the site - shouldn't be too long now. Thanks for sending the link to the floor plan. Duh! I had a security blocker engaged which didn't allow the site to display plans. Good luck!
How did the apartment look inside? small? carpets? wooden floors? are the rooms big? what about the kitchen? also do they provide washing machines inside the apartment?

I am waiting for them to call me hope it all goes well

Old 03-25-2011, 09:28 PM

43 posts, read 95,318 times
Hello!! Same news???

Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 AM

12 posts, read 33,248 times
I haven't heard anything yet. It's been about three weeks since my home visit. I don't think the building is finishing up as quickly as they may have anticipated. Any other updates out there?

Old 03-31-2011, 01:54 PM

4 posts, read 9,750 times
Does any1 have their number. I'm on the waiting list and remember it saying that I needed to call every 6 months to state that I'm still interested, but I somehow lost it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City