Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:08 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
Its been said that if the Bronx and Brooklyn where there own cities they would be in top ranking for the most dangerous in America.
if bronx and brooklyn were their own city combined their would be something like over 300 - to over 400 murders with a population of over 3 million to 4 million??

well that would be a higher murder rate then L.A but im not sure if its top ranking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 01:14 PM

244 posts, read 629,462 times
Harlem in 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVt_h4qk-L0

Old 01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,860,986 times
^That clip should end all gentrification efforts, and chase all the upscale shops, and restaurants right out of Harlem. Walt Frazier, and Abdul-Jabar are packing their bags right now.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:04 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
your confused. Last year, Harlem was on the list of the worst neighborhoods (2009) of the country with a rate of 116.30. This rating system works differently.
Really?! Can you show the link? Though it's no question that Harlem still has crime, I wonder if other hoods like ENY, Bville, and the South BX made that list.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 AM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,860,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
iight
25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods -- WalletPop
btw: no other nyc hood made it...
Isn't that kind of odd that only Harlem made that list?

Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Isn't that kind of odd that only Harlem made that list?
Same thing I'm thinking, I wonder what criteria they used to determine Harlem as the most dangerous. Anyone with common sense knows it's up there in crime but still no other hood?!

Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,233,118 times
It's not "Harlem", it's a tiny little section of a few blocks right around the 125th-St Nick subway stop. On that level, the statistical significance of crime rates fades dramatically as there can be a lot of crime one year and almost none the next.

One of their "neighborhoods" isn't even a neighborhood, it's an airstrip east of Little Rock.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:03 PM

72 posts, read 150,094 times
Lol I lived in NYC briefly a few years back and remember exploring Morningside Park. I entered over by Columbia U, walked to the other side and my instincts told me not to go any further. I guess your gut feelings must be right!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 PM

5 posts, read 9,392 times
Here's some advice: if you're not comfortable, don't move here. Stay your behind in your perfect little white neighborhood. We don't need you that badly!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:05 PM

72 posts, read 150,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joely View Post
Here's some advice: if you're not comfortable, don't move here. Stay your behind in your perfect little white neighborhood. We don't need you that badly!
What makes you think that my statement had anything to do with race? It was the whole atmosphere that had an unsettling feeling to it- the rundown buildings fenced in barbed wire, homeless people of all colors passed out drunk on the sides of stores and churches, shady street characters, etc. Where I live isn't utopia either BTW. And I think your city DOES need people like me badly- seeing as we make up the tax base and it seems things are quite strapped at the moment, to put it mildly. Not that I would. Too far left, too high a tax burden, too many roaches/bedbugs/rats/you-name-it. Depressing weather, nasty people, ridiculous gun control laws and violations of 4th amendment rights. Corruption everywhere, people begging for money a half dozen times a day, $12 for a pack of smokes. Guys are players or gay/bi, landlords that seem to reject anyone with a dog (even if it's 2 pounds lol), stench, filth, noise wherever you go. Sounds like a great deal! Wait, let me get my checkbook ready so I can shell out $1200 to live in a crap apartment in the ghetto next to PJ and section 8 people while they pay next to nothing and pretend to look for work. All so my paycheck can go to them. Yes, you can have it all and keep it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City