Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 01:23 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times

Advertisements

i don't know if supermario is joking but that was a racist post against jamaicans.

At the end of the day the Jamaican diaspora is thriving way more then the dominican diaspora so i would call that hating on your part supermario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 01:27 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
theirs no diversity at the west indian parade? lmaoooo omg next year im taking pics because this by far is the biggest bs ever.

west indian parade is filled with indo - west indies, black west indies. thousands of white visitors and the west indies has plenty of mixed people who look just as light as Hispanics who attend.

Also their are plenty of Asians who attend the parade to. I think you need to stop describing the parade if you have never been their.

I have been going since 2006 and this by far is a very wrong post.

As I was saying.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post

As I was saying.
your saying nothing? i dont see no diversity in your pics at all. All i see is typical looking Dominicans. So what were you saying exactly?

you have never been to the west indian parade so please dont make up facts. I go every year and your wrong about no diversity in the west indian parade and we should leave it at that.

Also you dont know what diversity means at all. especially if your going to show a pic of regular looking Dominicans.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
And also supermario most west indians aside from haitians are clueless about Dominicans just like you guys are clueless about them so why would they be honored for your Dominicans coming to the parade?
Why should we be honored going to their parade? It works both ways.

Quote:
thats not the point. I know this already but you said that the west indian prade isnt know by much....are you insane? lmaooo biggest parade in nyc with visitors who come from all over the state.

Flatbush , Crown heights , and east flatbush all become more clogged then manhattan on a labor day weekend lol.

and off coarse no1 in washington heights knows about. You practically live in a super segregated neighborhood. 70 percent dominican? Yea it makes sense thats a lot of people up their dont know about it.
If it's not known in my areas than how can you seriously expect me to say that it's the biggest parade in the city? You guys think way too much of it. The Ricans and AA that I know in the BX don't know about that either. It's a local parade in Brooklyn catering to the demographics there. That is it. Don't try to make it bigger than it is.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
i don't know if supermario is joking but that was a racist post against jamaicans.

At the end of the day the Jamaican diaspora is thriving way more then the dominican diaspora so i would call that hating on your part supermario.
Are you nuts? Jamaicans are doing much worse. You want the Jamaican experience? Look no further than Brooklyn's own Biggie Smalls, whose mother was a Jamaican immigrant. Yeah, Biggie was doing alot of good before he made it big.

Take a trip to White Plains Road in the Bronx and come back to me.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Why should we be honored going to their parade? It works both ways.

If it's not known in my areas than how can you seriously expect me to say that it's the biggest parade in the city? You guys think way too much of it. The Ricans and AA that I know in the BX don't know about that either. It's a local parade in Brooklyn catering to the demographics there. That is it. Don't try to make it bigger than it is.
the blacks in the bronx know it very well what are you talking about?

i had a group of ten Bronx people drive down to bk last September to attend and also they end up bagging girls who were also from the bx who they did not even know.

It doesn't just cater to people in brooklyn neither like i said above people from all over the country come to the parade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTcF1Pjqqo

Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
your saying nothing? i dont see no diversity in your pics at all. All i see is typical looking Dominicans. So what were you saying exactly?

you have never been to the west indian parade so please dont make up facts. I go every year and your wrong about no diversity in the west indian parade and we should leave it at that.

Also you dont know what diversity means at all. especially if your going to show a pic of regular looking Dominicans.
LOL wow, look again. I see different shades of Dominicans. In the West Indian I see, Black, Black, and Blacker lolol.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Are you nuts? Jamaicans are doing much worse. You want the Jamaican experience? Look no further than Brooklyn's own Biggie Smalls, whose mother was a Jamaican immigrant. Yeah, Biggie was doing alot of good before he made it big.

Take a trip to White Plains Road in the Bronx and come back to me.
jamaicans have higher incomes and graduation rates then Dominicans and the whole Hispanic diaspora itself.

And jamaicans live in more thriving neighborhoods then Dominicans also.

southeast queens , canarsie , mill basin , flatlands, and parts of uptown in the bronx look more nice to live in as compared to tenement filled washington heights or western bronx.

White plains road is bad but next time drive more east. White plains area and edenwald are pretty much the bad spots uptown.

Also Dominicans have no right to speak about drug trafficking.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
the blacks in the bronx know it very well what are you talking about?

i had a group of ten Bronx people drive down to bk last September to attend and also they end up bagging girls who were also from the bx who they did not even know.

It doesn't just cater to people in brooklyn neither like i said above people from all over the country come to the parade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTcF1Pjqqo
The only blacks who would know about it are ones that are of West Indian ancestry or who have West Indian friends. They all probably came from Wakefield, big deal. In the Bronx proper, it's unknown.

Again, all I see is black people.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
LOL wow, look again. I see different shades of Dominicans. In the West Indian I see, Black, Black, and Blacker lolol.
i just send you a video to disprove this.

also i dont get how shades explain diversity? this just proves that some dominicans lack in the knowledge of what diversity is(SAD REALLY).

Like i said before i go each year but you have never been their so just accept that your wrong and we will move on cause its really a waste of time to dispute with something that is clearly known already.

I find your knowledge very questionable if your really going to dispute about a place or event you never been to. Seems like hater status to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City