Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 02:30 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times

Advertisements

Malicious PC liberals who hosed them soundly? Are you talking about the Irish/Jews/Italians who owned buildings and burned them to the ground for the insurance money? Or the Irish/Italians beating up the browns and blacks for "getting off at the wrong stop", or "trying to get a job", or "trying to go to school in MY neighborhood."

Cuz if that's to whom you are referring, then yes you are right.....they really hosed the borough solidly. Add to that, I think alot of the government policies and social engineering did a huge disservice to the city overall, and not just the Bronx. Unfortunately, when you have places like Parkchester, who up until 1979 openly said NO BLACKS ALLOWED, the government is forced to step in and take action. And we all know those suburbs, like Levittown (LI) where on the deeds it said explicity NO BLACKS ALLOWED, government has to step in and take action.

So yeah....those darn PC liberals just ruined everything right? And by everything you mean keeping those blacks and browns away from you..right? Archie Bunker, the quintessential blue color NYC white working class person who was representative of that group who you claim was so "solidly hosed", was no victim, and neither was his family. But he was an angry white man in a changing world, who functioned simply on ignorance, stereotypes, and "status-quo"...with the only thing of perceived value his "white membership". No matter how bad things are for him, at least he isn't BLACK...so if those blacks move next to him, and work next to him...does that mean he is like them? CAN'T HAPPEN....at least not for his own sanity and self-worth.

Last edited by SobroGuy; 12-17-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 02:37 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
whites have been sticking together throughout
american history for the most part, while everyone
else has been fighting each other over the scraps and
leftovers. what goes around comes around tho
eventually.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:07 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
How about keeping the thread on topic.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:46 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Malicious PC liberals who hosed them soundly? Are you talking about the Irish/Jews/Italians who owned buildings and burned them to the ground for the insurance money? Or the Irish/Italians beating up the browns and blacks for "getting off at the wrong stop", or "trying to get a job", or "trying to go to school in MY neighborhood."

Cuz if that's to whom you are referring, then yes you are right.....they really hosed the borough solidly. Add to that, I think alot of the government policies and social engineering did a huge disservice to the city overall, and not just the Bronx. Unfortunately, when you have places like Parkchester, who up until 1979 openly said NO BLACKS ALLOWED, the government is forced to step in and take action. And we all know those suburbs, like Levittown (LI) where on the deeds it said explicity NO BLACKS ALLOWED, government has to step in and take action.

So yeah....those darn PC liberals just ruined everything right? And by everything you mean keeping those blacks and browns away from you..right? Archie Bunker, the quintessential blue color NYC white working class person who was representative of that group who you claim was so "solidly hosed", was no victim, and neither was his family. But he was an angry white man in a changing world, who functioned simply on ignorance, stereotypes, and "status-quo"...with the only thing of perceived value his "white membership". No matter how bad things are for him, at least he isn't BLACK...so if those blacks move next to him, and work next to him...does that mean he is like them? CAN'T HAPPEN....at least not for his own sanity and self-worth.
Is your rant over? Temper temper. This is the holidays after alll......

Did you ever notice how the very liberal writers and producer of All in the Family made Archie look so ridiculous? How they exergrated his flaws? How they made minorities who appeared on the show as reasonable and decent people to help lampoon the character?

Here is a key question. Is the neighborhood that "Archie" lived in now better or worse due to Liberal mandated "Diversity"? Is it safer, are the tax roles richer, is there less crime, is there a civil public feeling? If it follows what we all know what happened to the Bronx, we then know the answner.

How about all those white homeowners who saw their property drop to the floor because of projects? Any sadness on their plight? Oh no, its the outcome of social justice. Crap.

YOu are such a hypocrite SOBRO. How can you look in the mirror?

Reguardless, stay safe and may all your Christmas's be white....

Just kidding. Have a good one.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 AM

Yes..it is the liberal media of course..always is! Can't possibly be anything else right? They are the reason Sara Palin lost the VP spot (Couldn't possibly be her idiocy), and Romney lost the presidency (Couldn't possibly be his toxic remarks and platform). Yup...for someone who is so against the blame game, you are a master at it.

And to answer your question, the neighborhood he lives in is safer, there is less crime, and there is a civil public feeling. And nobody made Archie anything other than an exageration of the real people who embody him...and it was a reflection of the reality which is why it resonated so well with the American public of every color. And yeah..those colored folks were reasonable and decent...despite all the violence and discrimination they faced by not only the Archie Bunkers, but the police as well. And that applies even today....if anyone has an axe to grind, it's the blacks and yet there has been no revolution to overtake whitey, other than to fight for basic scraps. Keep that in mind.

I have no sadness for all those white homeowners who saw their property values drop because it was their own doing...your property won't drop if you don't panic sell based on ignorance and stereotypes..see how that works? It is tragic that brokers exploited this fear for monetary gain and blockbusted neighborhoods...we all lose in that case. Nothing to do with people of color moving in however, and everything to do with exploiting white people's misplaced fears, ignorance, and hate.

I am a truth teller, and you enjoy revisionist history. How do you sleep at night?

Happy holidays to you also.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:11 PM

you can't argue with people who use half their head,
because they are not open to other ways of thinking.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
you can't argue with people who use half their head,
because they are not open to other ways of thinking.

Come on now, no need to attack SOBRO. I don't always agree with him, but I believe he is very sincere and cares about the Bronx. And he is spot on about the filthy pols who are screwing the people of the Bronx. I give SOBRO grief, but at least he is articulate about what he writes although I don't concur wiht 80% of it.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:55 AM

I think we can both agree that the Bronx remains essentially stagnant since 1980 due entirely to the borough's Political "leaders". They are the ones screwing everyone just so they can keep themselves in power..another horrendous example of this is Ruben Diaz's latest disaster: Mandate the specialized schools to take Bronx kids, regardless of the test. His answer is not to offer free test prep to students, or specialized tutoring to increase their skill set, or any other educational/test taking skills in order to pass the exam..NOPE..he just wants to force people to take the students because, well, he says so, regardless of whether they are actually prepared to go or have earned a place there.

And this is exactly how these Bronx politicians work..instead of empowering his constituents, or providing the necessary resources to achieve, he simply says "you can't do it, you are the victim and deserve this, and I will give it to you regardless...see what I do for you?" He is as toxic as they come...and he comes from a long line of dysfunctional, exploitative poverty pimps.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I think we can both agree that the Bronx remains essentially stagnant since 1980 due entirely to the borough's Political "leaders". They are the ones screwing everyone just so they can keep themselves in power..another horrendous example of this is Ruben Diaz's latest disaster: Mandate the specialized schools to take Bronx kids, regardless of the test. His answer is not to offer free test prep to students, or specialized tutoring to increase their skill set, or any other educational/test taking skills in order to pass the exam..NOPE..he just wants to force people to take the students because, well, he says so, regardless of whether they are actually prepared to go or have earned a place there.

And this is exactly how these Bronx politicians work..instead of empowering his constituents, or providing the necessary resources to achieve, he simply says "you can't do it, you are the victim and deserve this, and I will give it to you regardless...see what I do for you?" He is as toxic as they come...and he comes from a long line of dysfunctional, exploitative poverty pimps.

Pimp is too good a word for him. And you are right.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM

smh i wasn't referring to sobro, son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City