Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 08:56 PM

226 posts, read 1,098,062 times

Advertisements

UPDATE:

So i have officially moved into my apt. Its a cute lil 1 bedroom apt. My experience went like this.... i applied 4-11-2011 when i was 4 months pregnant. I recieved a letter in may 2012 about a outreach program therough nycha. It said if i choose the outreach program i would be placed.on a waiting list quicker then going through regular nycha. I said yes and sent the letter back asap. A few weeks after that i recieved another letter with 3 developments it and i had to select 1. I selected the lesser of 3 evils and sent the letter asap.about 2-3 weeks after that i recieved a application package with a interview date of july 12,2012. I went submitted documents and waited. It took me 6 whole months to be certified to the development i choose and certification date was july 7th 2013. I waited and waited and waited and on 12-16-13 i was selected for an apt. I found out through the nycha self service portal and imediately contacted the development. I had to do another background check and on 12-30-2013 i saw the apt and accepted it. Very nice apt. Brand new appliances and the bathroom was completely re-done new tub and sink and toilet and new bathroom walls. I have officially moved in today 1-13-13. My daughter has just turned 2 years old as well. Good luck to evrryone,it does come but u just have to be patient.

Last edited by MzINeedNYCHA; 01-13-2014 at 09:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 09:06 PM

79 posts, read 201,352 times
@mzineednycha I'm happy to hear that you moved into your new apartment, reading your pevious posts, I know you went through a lot and you really deserved it. Congratulations and now you can change your name to mzIHAVEnycha lolol so sorry for being corny. ! Thanks for keeping everyone updated as well.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 PM

Gurl thanks so much...these past years have been so hard for me but i kept my focus and my goal and i achieved all of them except now i want to improve everything for bigger and better again. But i got myself up and out of my situation. All of what i avhieved is just the beginning.Coming from how i was before i had a child to everything that has happened,all i could say was how the F$&k did i end up like this.but i learned the whole way. You dont know how strong you are until you been through some s**t. I been through alot. My main goal for 2014 is getting rid of the negative energ/ individual that brought me down like this. Im very bless that i still have my sanity.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:59 PM

163 posts, read 484,806 times
I am so glad to read that you finally have your apt MzINeedNYCHA, you so deserve it...so glad you liked it too... This new year will bring you lots of good things.. and thanks for keeping us updated..

Old 01-15-2014, 08:26 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
UPDATE:

So i have officially moved into my apt. Its a cute lil 1 bedroom apt. My experience went like this.... i applied 4-11-2011 when i was 4 months pregnant. I recieved a letter in may 2012 about a outreach program therough nycha. It said if i choose the outreach program i would be placed.on a waiting list quicker then going through regular nycha. I said yes and sent the letter back asap. A few weeks after that i recieved another letter with 3 developments it and i had to select 1. I selected the lesser of 3 evils and sent the letter asap.about 2-3 weeks after that i recieved a application package with a interview date of july 12,2012. I went submitted documents and waited. It took me 6 whole months to be certified to the development i choose and certification date was july 7th 2013. I waited and waited and waited and on 12-16-13 i was selected for an apt. I found out through the nycha self service portal and imediately contacted the development. I had to do another background check and on 12-30-2013 i saw the apt and accepted it. Very nice apt. Brand new appliances and the bathroom was completely re-done new tub and sink and toilet and new bathroom walls. I have officially moved in today 1-13-13. My daughter has just turned 2 years old as well. Good luck to evrryone,it does come but u just have to be patient.
what NYCHA do you live in?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-17-2014, 12:23 AM

Thank you so much jasnery...appriciate the love!!! Im ready to start my life back again with peace and blessings

Old 02-01-2014, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 6,577 times
I applied on 01/13/2014 got a letter 1 or 2 days after acknowledging receipt of my application and the priority I was assigned to N4 W1. On 01/24/2014 I received another letter saying that I have been reached for an eligibility interview for 02/24/2014. Hopefully everything goes well this time. I applied 2 years ago and got call for an interview 2 months after application as well but they just made it so hard for me and kept saying I was missing documents. I just got really frustrated and left it like that. This time will surely be different . Good luck to all !!

Old 02-07-2014, 01:49 PM

5 posts, read 21,585 times
So my NYCHA story goes like this. I applied for NYCHA maybe 07 or 08 maybe earlier don't really remember. I had completely forgot I applied until 2011 when I called customer service to get new application since I never received acknowledgement of first application. To my surprise I had an eligibility apt, everything went by so fast shortly after 2012 I receivedd my apartment development selection. I chose Carver houses and was certified for a 3 bedroom in March 2013. Does anyone have any experience with nycha that has not been in any outreach programs or sec 8, just wondering how long it takes for a person with w1 priority to recieve an apartment

Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 PM

You will probably get it within a yea. You have a high priority w1. Also depending on how good the development is and if people move out also depends on ypur wait time. Plus 1 beds are quicker to come available them 2 and 3 and more room apts

Old 02-07-2014, 11:41 PM

25 posts, read 237,247 times
Congrats on getting your place!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City